GEN 2 HELP! Driver side tail light not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USCxGAMECOCK

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just installed the BD S2 reverse light kit. I ended up using the hitch wiring harness to power them like in another post on this forum. I took the drive side light off assuming I was going to use that harness but then found the post on this forum with the hitch harness. So anyway, Everything is installed and good except now the driver tail light isn't working. When I took it off, this white wire was just there... hanging.
20190226_162859.jpg
20190226_162921.jpg

Is that my issue? Does anyone know what that wire even goes too? I'm not the first owner of this truck so I have no idea what was or was not done to this truck prior to me buying it.

I will say the tail light works when the truck is unlocked and what not, it just seems that when the lights are turned on, they don't work.

OP
OP
USCxGAMECOCK

USCxGAMECOCK

Reaction score
Did you buy your truck used by chance?

I did. I figured it out as well. A wire was cut and just horribly electrical taped together. I have no idea why it was cut but I had to do a quick repair. All of the wires on that harness look like someone took a knife and tried stripping them at once. This guy did some whacky stuff and this one just about takes the cake for me. I have no explanation as to why that would have been done. I think the wire was gray and purple. I think.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you point me to the thread using the trailer wiring please. I did my rear lights and they don’t work wired to tail light. Also, try as I might, I can’t get the tail light back in perfectly.