Help!!! Differential Questions: Gears, Lockers, and Diff covers Front and Rear!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

integrity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you do this to the 2011s and up? Im pretty sure the answer is no, but i need to confirm...? Im talkin about the regearing issue

Last edited:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, at this point you can not...you can get 2010 rear axle housing and use axles bearings, eld, spider gears from 2011+ and use the 2010 pinion, bearing and ring gear..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

OP
OP
ISFast

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok so for an update to the 5.13s put in with the 37 tires....

Got a chance to run a eco boost Screw FX4 F-150 that is running raptor OEM tires, leveling kit maybe minor lift, tuner by 5star, intake, 4.10 gears, and an exhaust cutout as well. This is my buddies truck and really wanted a raptor but couldn't get him talked into it.

So for my truck to make it fair: Scab, no aftermarket intake just a K&N drop in filter, exhaust cutout, 5star tune, 5.13s, 37 Nitto Mud grapplers on DS methods (122+ lbs per), and a 80 lbs front bumper with boatecs on top perch.

Now this is a closed road just FYI for people who want to preach:

Did a single run from a dead stop to 80+ mph.... Looked down after we let off and it was 85 at that time. Both trucks had the A/C on and a single window down, Both tunes at 87 performance, all nannies on with 2wd open rear only, tanks roughly same amount as far as Gallons in the tanks.

So here is how it went:
When we both came off the line mine was almost a full truck a head. His front bumper was almost to my rear bumper. At 40 mph we were almost dead even and by the time we hit 80-90 ish He was about his truck length a head and now my front bumper was even with his rear axle.

Just wanted to inform people about how a couple mods and different strokes for people do. He had lighter tires, intake, no bumper, and not as high or wide as my raptor. I had a shorter cab and lower gears.

Was he surprised.... SHIT he was PISSed his EB didn't just chew me up especially with the 37s. This is a pretty good test of how a set of gears really gets these monsters moving.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ISFast

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like another black 2010 6.2 taking care of business.

Black 2010 6.2 FTW!

You know it! Funny thing was we went to a party later that night full of gear heads so it was the topic of the night. Next on the list is a Toyota taco with a TRD S/C, headers, and some tuning.... I don't think he understands that the big 33s he just put on it really slows it down without gears.:naughty:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know it! Funny thing was we went to a party later that night full of gear heads so it was the topic of the night. Next on the list is a Toyota taco with a TRD S/C, headers, and some tuning.... I don't think he understands that the big 33s he just put on it really slows it down without gears.:naughty:

I put a handful of those Trd supercharges on tacomas and I was never impressed with the results. Huge waste of money. With him running stock tires i think you'd beat him.