Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Help diagnose issue

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by Stubborn3, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Stubborn3

Stubborn3 Member

so my 2017 Velociraptor has probably spent most of its life at the dealer at this point. After a transfer case service and oil change it will shutter hard under acceleration most notably at higher speed. Occasionally going through mountains it will throw that wrench code and go into limp mode as well. About to just get rid of it but really want to resolve this so we can play. I’m gonna attempt to post the video my kid took out the back window to demonstrate the rattling and shuttering. Any wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks
    Couldn’t upload 6 second video on here apparently so I’m posting it on my instagram @herbofthemountain
    If anyone can help

2. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

Why are you calling it a Velociraptor?

If that means Hennessey got their hands on it, You're Fucked!!!

Get rid of any mods they did and certainly get rid of any Tune they may have done!!!!!

They have screwed up all Raptors they got their hands on, plenty of history on this forum to confirm that!!!

3. Stubborn3

Stubborn3 Member

Yes it is a Hennessey and I was certainly not aware they ruined trucks. Thing is it worked great until dealer did the service on it then all downhill from there.

4. Stubborn3

Stubborn3 Member

Having trouble finding other Velociraptor posts to get some ideas as to all the issues. Live in Colorado so not like I can buzz over to Sealy Texas

5. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

Actually your the first to acknowledge that Hennessey is playing with the Gen2s

Did the dealer flash the PCM with an update?

6. Stubborn3

Stubborn3 Member

They may have at one point but generally speaking they have avoided messing with the aftermarket stuff according to them anyway and Hennessey provided us with an Ngauge and have done a new tune for us which solved some engine shudder but not the vibration at higher rpm you hear in the video. They thought it may be transfer case related witch the 4x4 wrench code may agree with? Taking it back in tomorrow but trying to get as much idea as possible before so I can point them in the right direction

7. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

Your going to have to read though the Gen 2 section on the forum.

You can start another thread in that section to get more Gen 2 guys involved.
    Not everyone goes though the whole forum.

Good Luck

8. Stubborn3

Stubborn3 Member

Thanks man I’ll do that

9. Raptor10X

Raptor10X Full Access Member

I also have a 2017 velociraptor.

The challenge you’re describing has nothing to do with Hennessey. It is related to crappy Ford dealer service

There are a lot more bad threads about bad Ford service than Hennessey, But no one ever says they should stop going to the Ford dealer :)

Take it get back to the dealer and make them fix it right.

In the future take it to the closest Lincoln dealership and have them do work on it. That’s what I just did.

There’s no reason to get rid of it.

10. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

@Raptor10X

Since it's a Tune that Hennessey bought and install on the PCM, Hennessey can't Tune shit!!!
    No Ford dealer can fix it!!!!!!!!!

They wouldn't and can't touch it under warranty rules.
    Your going to have to pay out of pocket for them to even look at it.
    Some dealers are mod friendly but only to a certain extent.

Other than reflash the whole PCM back to stock and remove the mods that Hennessey did,
    then they can diagnose the issues.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019