Help decide on 3 options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigsakius

Reaction score
Hi guys, new here and looking for a Raptor. I currently drive a 2018 Civic Type R but am needing a truck now since we bought a repair shop. First off have any of you switched from a sporty daily to this truck? How was the adjustment. We also have a 2014 SRT Jeep (wifes) and a 2003 Turbo S2000 which is my toy car. I think the s2k will give me my sports car thrill when needed. With that being said I have three options lined up and wanted to see what would you do. All three trucks have similar options 802A with moonroof and tech package.

Option A 2019 Agate with approx 30k miles (truck unseen) has carbon fiber package, stickers and beadlock wheels. I have them down to $56,900 for there truck and $30,100 for my car. (I think I can get them down another $1000)

Option B 2019 Performance blue with approx 26k miles CPO has carbon fiber package and beadlocks. This one is a mile from me and I did test drive it. It looked pretty good besides a lot of paint nicks on the two rear wheels, exhaust tips looked like it had a bit of surface rust but could just of been from the rain, and I think it may have cam phaser issue as it had a loud noise when he first stated the truck but being under warranty they can fix it or we can if its a issue later on. They are about $2300 more than option A.

Option C is a new 2019 Velocity Blue. Its 500 miles away has carbon fiber package. They want $5000 more than option B. But I am not too found of the color as its bright.

My gut feeling is option C but my wallet is saying cheaper the better and its a pretty far drive there and back.

Thank you for your input

OP
OP
B

bigsakius

Reaction score
Also what kind of interest rates are you guys seeing both new and used? is around 2-3% reasonable.
I may have an option D as well a 2020 Ruby Red 802a for $64200 for the truck and $29,500 for my car but no moon roof as we would like

OP
OP
B

bigsakius

Reaction score
The Civic has been a fun car more than I thought it would have been. Noted on the used recommendation. So far a friend of mine and yourself has suggested new. I am going to be putting 15k+ miles on it a year. My wife is indifferent lol

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good move getting rid of the Civic, regardless of the next choice!

I wouldn't want one of these trucks used. Option #3 seems like the way to go.
I agree about buying new. You could save a couple of dollars going to used but with how expensive these things are I would just bite the bullet and buy new. Being around cars for so many years and never ceases to amaze me the stupid things people will do to their vehicles even when they’re new. I’m at the point in my life where I’ll spend a little extra to get brand new and buy an extended warranty so I don’t have to worry about anything anymore. These cars are getting too technical to work on yourself nowadays the exception being some minor maintenance things.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Option C.

Like Cowboy Coward told Ned Beatty in the movie, Deliverance: “Don’t say anything, just DO it!”

OP
OP
B

bigsakius

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I may actually do option D. Found a Rapid red with the options I want except for the carbon fiber package. If he is within $1000 to the ‘19 I am taking it and running lol. Will know more tomorrow. Just curious can that package be added after the fact? thanks again

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also what kind of interest rates are you guys seeing both new and used? is around 2-3% reasonable.
I may have an option D as well a 2020 Ruby Red 802a for $64200 for the truck and $29,500 for my car but no moon roof as we would like

Option D sounds like a great deal as it probably sticker for over $70k. Sunroofs are problematic long term, I wouldn’t have a truck with one much less a Raptor.