Help! Clear coat scratches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoeacr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed I had thousands of little tiny spots all over the hood and front fenders of my truck. I suspected pine sap but they aren't sticky and are real hard to see. Got out the clay bar and must of had something in the clay cause now I have some fine scratches in the clear coat on the hood. Truck has always been washed with a foam cannon etc, etc. Now that I have vented but don't feel any better, let's get down to what I need to use to fix my f#$% up. I currently use National detail systems Pre Treat polish with a light compound. Followed by their Finish 2 basecoat/clear coat polish. This stuff is old and I suspect it's effectiveness has been left on the shelf. It still leaves a smooth surface but not as nice as it once did. I use an old school 11" Gem industries orbital polisher. There is soo many products out there now I'm lost.
What you guys use?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's so many threads on this, but all I use is normal polishing compound and then wax, it's not a show car, unless yours is. I would wet sand some of the deeper scratches with 3000 grit wet sandpaper if you are competent enough, and then polish from there.

hekster1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to YouTube and look up Apex Detail. He’s got great videos on how to remove scratches with what products and how to do it...