Help choosing lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there. So we manufacture our own brackets right here on Long Island out of stainless steel (and powder coat them) for use with 3 pairs of fog lights.

Baja Designs are our favorite AND are the most popular.

We put together a complete kit where you can pick the lights you want, and we include everything you need. Use coupon code FOGS and you'll save some $$ as well:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-f...ght-kit-w-baja-designs-lights-build-your-kit/

For the light choices, we actually list a few recommendations on our site in the product description.

Since you have some snow I'd give you 2 options

RECOMMENDATION #1 (Locations with Snow)

• Squadron SAE, Wide Cornering
  • Squadron SAE, Wide Cornering, Amber
  • Squadron Pro, Driving/Combo

Squadron SAE Wide Cornering lights will give you a street legal output. The Wide Cornering lights are great for general road use.
Squadron SAE Wide Cornering Amber lights are good for bad weather (such as snow, rain, fog, etc...). The amber (yellow light actually) is ideal for those conditions and will cut down on the light reflecting back. It's also more visible to other drivers on the road.
Squadron Pro Driving/Combo is the perfect light to use off-roading. It has a Spot and Wide Cornering pattern so it'll throw light down range and cover the front of your path as well. A great overall road for off-road use.

RECOMMENDATION #2
  • Squadron Sport, Wide Cornering
  • Squadron Sport, Wide Cornering, Amber
Basically the same setup as above but if you don't REQUIRE the SAE rated lights, we're upgrading you to some Sports. As long as they are aimed down below your headlights you won't have issues on the road using them (but keep in mind thy are NOT SAE/DOT rated, but again, you shouldn't have any issues).

I always recommend the 3rd set be a Pro Driving/Combo as it gives you spot and wide cornering in 1 light. A great "high beam" or "off road" light to fill everywhere.

On my own truck. I run
  • Squadron Pro, Wide Cornering
  • Squadron Pro, Wide Cornering, Amber
I have no issues with blinding anybody and have a ton of light.

View attachment 320740
Where are you located on long Island??

yang88she

Reaction score
17DED861-9643-456C-9AE8-69F2D58A9053.jpegIf I had to do it all over again, I would go BD. I don’t get much snow down in Atlanta, but go through creek crossings and plenty of mud. I went with rigid, due to the amber back lighting and get the occasional bro-dozer southern wave/thumbs up. I got condensation in 2 of my of rigid pods and added some additional silicone to mitigate the leak. I’m one of those that likes to keep the same brand and make adjustments, but no complaints of the light output and works for my weekend warrior needs and beach trips with the kids: 6 x rigid scene pods, SR bar, 2 x a pillar pods to match