Help choosing beam pattern on fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j_waldrop3

Reaction score
I think I have about decided on the diode dynamics ss3 with the amber backlights. I just do not know which beam patterns to run. I do mostly on the road driving and live in the country. I leave for work at 430am, it's near a lake so it's quite foggy sometimes. I wanted one set to be a true fog light (yellow/amber) then the other two for driving/lighting up the sides and off in the distance. Also, would like the right patter for being able to see wildlife better. Thanks for any help. I have seen many pictures and set ups from the front but pictures from the driver seat would be a huge plus.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You have a solid plan. I don’t have in cab pics, because the last thing I want to do is fiddle with my phone while driving in pea soup fog. I run a set of SAE white, and have a white / amber pair of squadron pros from Baja Designs. The SAE help a little, but don’t push far enough ahead to spot roadside critters at distance. Both my other pairs are driving combo lenses. The only reason I didn’t go with wide corner is that they can easily create a white out because they throw light in every direction. The combos give me at least some ability to aim them. The SAE do not hurt me in fog, my squadrons are aimed just a bit high for this but do help. Where they really help is lighting up the road sides at distance to see if there are kamikaze deer hanging out.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
amber lights..... fog light is associated with a wide low beam pattern. so when i hear fog lights i immediately think amber lights down low. as far as seeing through fog, speed plays an important role. you wont see anything at distance if you are going too fast. i have cubes at 3 different angles in the corners of ky front bumper. they are white, but i carry amber and blue covers. blue works best in snow, and white out conditions. amber works best for dust and fog (generally)

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think I have about decided on the diode dynamics ss3 with the amber backlights. I just do not know which beam patterns to run. I do mostly on the road driving and live in the country. I leave for work at 430am, it's near a lake so it's quite foggy sometimes. I wanted one set to be a true fog light (yellow/amber) then the other two for driving/lighting up the sides and off in the distance. Also, would like the right patter for being able to see wildlife better. Thanks for any help. I have seen many pictures and set ups from the front but pictures from the driver seat would be a huge plus.

So make sure you check out our fog kit here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-2020-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-kit-w-diode-dynamics-stage-series-3/

It includes everything you need from our USA Made brackets to the lights of your choice.

THE MOST Popular setup we sell is:

SS3 Pro, White Fog
SS3 Pro, Yellow Fog
SS3 Pro, White Combo

That gives you white fogs for normal driving conditions. Yellow fogs for bad weather. And a combo light to light up everything else on the road (as it's a driving and flood pattern in 1 light).

Another alternative is go with a SPOT pattern instead of COMBO, since the spot will go down range and you'll have your SAE (wide) fogs already.

That would be my setup. Although I'd upgrade to the MAX because I just want THE MOST light possible (I did MAX on my bronco, the Gen2 Raptor had Baja Designs Pros, but you see where im going here. I like a LOT of light).

What's nice is even with the MAX lights, the SAE pattern is street legal so you won't blind anybody on the road.

Here are what the beam patterns look like for example:

image__15075.1626905123.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

j_waldrop3

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply 4
So make sure you check out our fog kit here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...ad-bezel-flush-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

It includes everything you need from our USA Made brackets to the lights of your choice.

THE MOST Popular setup we sell is:

SS3 Pro, White Fog
SS3 Pro, Yellow Fog
SS3 Pro, White Combo

That gives you white fogs for normal driving conditions. Yellow fogs for bad weather. And a combo light to light up everything else on the road (as it's a driving and flood pattern in 1 light).

Another alternative is go with a SPOT pattern instead of COMBO, since the spot will go down range and you'll have your SAE (wide) fogs already.

That would be my setup. Although I'd upgrade to the MAX because I just want THE MOST light possible (I did MAX on my bronco, the Gen2 Raptor had Baja Designs Pros, but you see where im going here. I like a LOT of light).

What's nice is even with the MAX lights, the SAE pattern is street legal so you won't blind anybody on the road.

Here are what the beam patterns look like for example:

View attachment 403134
do you have the specific link for our trucks that is a lot of helpful information!