GEN 1 HELP! BFG KO2 37s have a jiggly ride??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
grantoser

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked for play in your steering rack?

This is a good point... I've noticed this truck doesn't hold as straight steering over pot holes or bumps on the road as my blue one as well.

I did notice the other day the steering wheel lock isn't working on my truck (unless they don't have them on these) but I can turn my tires with the truck off which I thought was odd. I can get a little clicking noise turning the wheel back and forth with the truck off but I'm not noticing a lot of play... Of course I have a 1972 bronco too so it's hard to know how much play is acceptable on these newer trucks. Any way to check this to see if it's between specs?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a good point... I've noticed this truck doesn't hold as straight steering over pot holes or bumps on the road as my blue one as well.

I did notice the other day the steering wheel lock isn't working on my truck (unless they don't have them on these) but I can turn my tires with the truck off which I thought was odd. I can get a little clicking noise turning the wheel back and forth with the truck off but I'm not noticing a lot of play... Of course I have a 1972 bronco too so it's hard to know how much play is acceptable on these newer trucks. Any way to check this to see if it's between specs?
The only way I know is to jack up each side of the truck and push on the tire so the tie rod moves back and forth in the rack and see if there is play. I had my rack replaced under warranty a long time ago.