GEN 1 HELP! BFG KO2 37s have a jiggly ride??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just curious if everyone else with BFG KO2 37s noticed a increase in vibration after install. Ive had 2 raptors now... Toyo Mts on the blue one, and BFG KO2s on the current silver one. Both trucks 2011s... but i feel like my first blue one had a much comfier ride. Im trying to figure out if the it was the tires or the shocks that are the difference.... i just put a fresh rebuild pair of stock 2.5s on my silver truck which could be the difference i guess. BUT i really think its probably the heavy Mts that were causing the difference in the much softer less vibrating/jiggly ride.

Any ideas? Anyone else notice this with the BFGs? Im really getting annoyed with the vibration... Ive tried just about every tire pressure too. Really miss the blue trucks soft floating ride!!!

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you paid for the high speed balance machine but it could have been a weight that came off during install or shortly after. We pay boat loads for this setup, tires and install. Should be worth it to have the shop take a look or at least a test drive so it doesn't cause premature wear on the tires or even more expensive drivetrain components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
grantoser

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Tommysyko @Ironhorse07 They're balanced well. Sorry I guess I didn't explain my problem well. The vibration I'm talking about is coming from the little bumps in the road... I feel like every little bump in the road vibrates the entire truck like crazy. My thoughts are that the much heavier toyo mts dampened this road vibration better than the bfgs. At first I thought it was from the tires being overinflated... So lowered the psi... No change. Tried higher psi, no change. Maybe I'm just being overly picky but i was just curious if anyone else that has tried the toyos and bfgs has noticed this.

OP
OP
grantoser

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@AZEngineer Lug centric aftermarket. But again the vibration I'm annoyed with is not just at speed. Slow speed road vibration is the worst for me.