Help - Aux 2 Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CO DUSTORM

Reaction score
For a year now I’ve had 2 sets of Rigid fogs working off aux 1 and 2. Last night clipped an amber cover over one, turned key (did not crank engine) and fired both switches on...worked fine. Next morning driving into work aux 2 with amber covers not working. The top of the switch isn’t illuminated, thus figuring no prob with lights, just getting power to switch. Swapped out #19 fuse under hood with no luck. Is there another fuse I should check? Any other ideas?

OP
OP
CO DUSTORM

CO DUSTORM

Reaction score
I’ve noticed this forum isn’t as active as the Corvettes, would realllllly appreciate some help on this...rather frustrating...it just makes sense it’s a problem from power to aux switch and has nothing to do with the lights. I’m far from expert....help!!!

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve noticed this forum isn’t as active as the Corvettes, would realllllly appreciate some help on this...rather frustrating...it just makes sense it’s a problem from power to aux switch and has nothing to do with the lights. I’m far from expert....help!!!

Check the relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CO DUSTORM

CO DUSTORM

Reaction score
Where is that? If that’s located in the fuse box under the hood and #10 (I think) it’s been empty the whole time.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is that? If that’s located in the fuse box under the hood and #10 (I think) it’s been empty the whole time.

It’s by the drivers side towards the cab. Small black box has the relays for the upfitters.

OP
OP
CO DUSTORM

CO DUSTORM

Reaction score
Thx for the suggestion, I swapped the relays around with no change, even when I pulled the relays from functioning switches they still lit the amber light on the switch.

Any other ideas?

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for the suggestion, I swapped the relays around with no change, even when I pulled the relays from functioning switches they still lit the amber light on the switch.

Any other ideas?

Did you check the fuse in the kick panel? Did you check the switch itself? Is there power at the switch?

OP
OP
CO DUSTORM

CO DUSTORM

Reaction score
Wow...thx for your quick responses, really appreciated.

I had already reviewed the fuses in that location and didn’t see anything specifically for aux 2 (which is the only problem).

It’s odd, because worked one night and not the next am. Was parked the whole time (no jumping :)). I’m figuring with the tip of the switch not illuminated it has to be a switch power issue and not lights.

OP
OP
CO DUSTORM

CO DUSTORM

Reaction score
Why would the aux switch tip lite up when the relays pulled?

Sounds like all that’s left is the switch itself. How would I go about testing that?

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would the aux switch tip lite up when the relays pulled?

Sounds like all that’s left is the switch itself. How would I go about testing that?

The relays are powering your accessories.

Pull the panel and check the switches. Maybe something got in there? That’s where I would start.