Help adding OEM front camera to 801A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Granelli

Reaction score
Hello, I would like to add a front camera (OEM if possible) to an 801a equipped sync3 2018 raptor. Is this easily done with the right parts or are there a lot of other issues?

Thank you

Raptor916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same question. My brother is looking to buy a base Raptor, but would like front sensors or a front camera. I actually preferred the proximity sensors on my 2016 Sierra Denali over my front Camera on my 19 Raptor.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are no front proximity sensors on a raptor. And the only way to get a front camera is to check the 360-degree camera option but you need to have the 801a option.

Simply put you can’t get a base raptor with a camera. You have to have at least the 2nd trim package which is 801a.

Goto Ford.com and build a raptor and you will see what options you can get and can't get.

I have the same question. My brother is looking to buy a base Raptor, but would like front sensors or a front camera. I actually preferred the proximity sensors on my 2016 Sierra Denali over my front Camera on my 19 Raptor.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a set of OE mirrors with camera's if you want to make the 360 camera happen.

Raptor916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have been more clear. I understand the base does not come with a front camera, but is it possible in any way to add a camera or parking sensors?

Caveguru

Reaction score
I researched this a bit across various Ford forums, including forums for other Ford vehicles that use the Sync3 module. From what I could gather it was going to be a seriously hard hack to get simply a front camera implemented, but you should be able to turn on the 360 system if you buy all the additional parts and use the Forscan software tool to change the settings.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the tech integration in today's vehicles, it is usually very costly to add a feature, which often requires additional modules, harnesses, and coding to make it work. Can't just slap in the front camera or parking sensors and have them work. That's why it's very important to spec the truck out the way you want it from the start.