Help a Noob Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to grab some new rubbers and maybe rims but I'm really bad at this stuff.

I've got a 2013 screw.

What size are the stock rims?
What size are the stock tires?
How tick are the stock tires?

Whats the max size tire and rim I can put under the stock fender-flares at mid perch?

If I get larger tires, will I need a tune?

Finally, based on how I drive and what I'm looking for, what size tires and rims do you recommend?:

I want a wider and taller looking stance than the stock look.
I mostly drive casually (highway, etc.).
I don't want to throw a ton of rocks at my truck.

Any help in answering these questions is appreciated!

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to grab some new rubbers and maybe rims but I'm really bad at this stuff.

I've got a 2013 screw.

What size are the stock rims?
What size are the stock tires?
How tick are the stock tires?

Whats the max size tire and rim I can put under the stock fender-flares at mid perch?

If I get larger tires, will I need a tune?

Finally, based on how I drive and what I'm looking for, what size tires and rims do you recommend?:

I want a wider and taller looking stance than the stock look.
I mostly drive casually (highway, etc.).
I don't want to throw a ton of rocks at my truck.

Any help in answering these questions is appreciated!

315/70/17 are stock tires. You can run a 35 with no trimming on mid perch. If u go 37 you'll need to do some trimming from what I've read on other post here on the forum. You won't need a tune from what I've read but if u go bigger than 37 you'll want to change gear ratios (Rzr owned). Everyone here including myself run method nv's with 315 or 35/70/17. I'd stick with a 35 if u do mostly highway driving and still want to have a fun good time
In the trails and mud. Next tire I get is either nitto trail grapplers or bfs koII

Hopefully helped a bit. There's a ton of forums on stuff like you're asking. Just hit the search button

OP
OP
Raptor_man

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas.

What "type" of tire should I get if I want something mean looking?

It would be for mostly road driving and I don't want them to pick up a ton of rocks.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks fellas.

What "type" of tire should I get if I want something mean looking?

It would be for mostly road driving and I don't want them to pick up a ton of rocks.
If you don't want to pick up small rocks, then get tires with a lot of space between the tread, but remember, the more "gap", the more road noise!

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score

HEAVYDUTY

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a wheel noobie when it comes to this stuff. I have a basically new tuxedo black screw with stock wheels and tires (17 x 8.5. Tires are LT315/70R17).

I am interested in getting rockstar xd rims. However they don't make a 17 x 8.5? Would a 17 x 8 fit on the stock BFG tires?

Here's one that i found.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/17-Inch-Bla...ash=item36040f5ef9:g:JuoAAOSwnDZT8f6g&vxp=mtr

can somebody help me out and explain this?

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a wheel noobie when it comes to this stuff. I have a basically new tuxedo black screw with stock wheels and tires (17 x 8.5. Tires are LT315/70R17).

I am interested in getting rockstar xd rims. However they don't make a 17 x 8.5? Would a 17 x 8 fit on the stock BFG tires?

Here's one that i found.
17 inch Black Rims Wheels Ford F150 F150 Expedition 6x135 Lug XD Series Rockstar | eBay

can somebody help me out and explain this?

Friends don't let friends buy Rockstar rims. Method, KMC, Fuel and others offer a wide choice of styles. Nice hijack btw.