help! 12volt portable air compressor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm looking to purchase a portable compressor. im headed to the desert and may need to air down.

there are many out there and I've been searching but thought I would also ask FRF members their opinion. Let me know thanks

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I have burned out 2 of them already on this truck.
One was a Walmart special - the other from an auto parts store. The problem is these tires require a pretty powerful compressor to get back up to 45+psi and the 12V compressors out there are only supposed to run for 10 minutes or so with a half hour break.
Hauling around a gas powered compressor is less than convenient, I know, but it's the fastest way to get your pressure back after running.
Warn has a winch/compressor combo I will be looking at getting down the road, just for convenience.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm looking to purchase a portable compressor. im headed to the desert and may need to air down.

there are many out there and I've been searching but thought I would also ask FRF members their opinion. Let me know thanks

Amazon.com: VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor: Automotive

I have that. Everything you could possibly need in a neat little carry bag. I transfer it between my F350 and the Raptor. Works wonderfully and I will give it 2 thumbs up. It'll fill up 4 Raptor tires in less than 15 minutes.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Amazon.com: VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor: Automotive

I have that. Everything you could possibly need in a neat little carry bag. I transfer it between my F350 and the Raptor. Works wonderfully and I will give it 2 thumbs up. It'll fill up 4 Raptor tires in less than 15 minutes.

^^^This one^^^ I have one that ADD made a mount for, it's bolted in behind my front bumper, secure as can be. The compressor itself does a great job.....I've aired my tires at the dunes from 18psi to 45psi and it never burns out or cuts off. Plus, the bag that it comes with not only holds the different fittings and accessories for it, I also keep my tools and gloves in there and it sits perfectly up under my backseat. ADD sells the compressor with their mount.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Viair 450P model. It is 100% duty cycle and I timed it taking the stock raptor tires from 15# to 44#'s in 3 min 10 secs. This is a dream compressor. I do not have it hard mounted but keep it in the bag.