Help’mm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maf1331

Reaction score
hello every one I have a 2018 ford raptor it has 120,000 km it is get worse everytime I drive the car first of all it had a rattle sound on cold start so I took it to the service center they fixed the cam phraser and for now there is a problem that they could not solve which is that while I go on full throttle it feels that the car is not Accelerating as it was the rpm goes up but it feels that its not moving as it should be when I use my obd scanner these fault came

P0011: cam shaft position sensor - over advance system Preformance
P0016 crankshaft position-camshaft position correlation
P0301: cylinder 1 misfire
P0302: cylinder 2 misfire
P0303: cylinder 3 misfire
P0300: random / multiple cylinder misfire
P0555: brake booster pressure sensor
P05B0: unknown SAE DTC

Ive changed the spark plug and cleaned the fuel injectors and checked the fuel pump pressure

Please let me know If you know the problem and how to fix it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. So you took it to a Ford Dealer for the cam phasers, I’m assuming? How long after did these codes show up? Do you have the print out for the repair from the dealer. We need some more info , bro!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The P0011/16 I think are a bit troublesome and makes me suspect the cam phaser repair may not have been completed properly. I would contact the mechanic(s) who made the cam phaser repair first.

@FordTechOne has forgotten more about the 3.5TT HO Ecoboost than most people know. He may have some insight.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Well you did buy a Gen 2 as it seems they have a lot more problems. Hopefully you took it to a Ford dealer for the cam phaser problem and if so I would be back at the deal having a hissy fit. No way should a dealer not be able to address the issues your having.

Unraptor

Reaction score
Hello, fellow 2018 owner!
I had to have the cam phasers replaced with the updated version and it did fix the cold start rattle. A couple weeks later I developed the same symptoms you experienced while traveling back home from out of town. It stopped after filling up the tank and drove home fine. It then came back a few days later. The dealer had it for a week and finally determined the ECM needed to be flashed. It has been fine now for the last couple of months, and shifts smoother than it ever has since I bought it new.
I don’t know if this is what your issue is, but again, your symptoms sound identical. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

905_Raptor

Reaction score
The crankshaft position sensor and/or the camshaft position sensor is/are likely suspect. While the sensors have not been detected as faulty, the correlation code along with the camshaft advance code would suggest they may be giving inaccurate information to the PCM.

This is just my humble opinion.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well you did buy a Gen 2 as it seems they have a lot more problems. Hopefully you took it to a Ford dealer for the cam phaser problem and if so I would be back at the deal having a hissy fit. No way should a dealer not be able to address the issues your having.

Not true at all, and misfires have nothing to do with the cam phasers TSB. That’s a noise concern only. Stop spreading misinformation.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hello every one I have a 2018 ford raptor it has 120,000 km it is get worse everytime I drive the car first of all it had a rattle sound on cold start so I took it to the service center they fixed the cam phraser and for now there is a problem that they could not solve which is that while I go on full throttle it feels that the car is not Accelerating as it was the rpm goes up but it feels that its not moving as it should be when I use my obd scanner these fault came

P0011: cam shaft position sensor - over advance system Preformance
P0016 crankshaft position-camshaft position correlation
P0301: cylinder 1 misfire
P0302: cylinder 2 misfire
P0303: cylinder 3 misfire
P0300: random / multiple cylinder misfire
P0555: brake booster pressure sensor
P05B0: unknown SAE DTC

Ive changed the spark plug and cleaned the fuel injectors and checked the fuel pump pressure

Please let me know If you know the problem and how to fix it.

DTC P0011 indicates that the intake timing is over advanced on Bank 1, which is cylinders 1, 2, and 3. Since those 3 cylinders are misfiring and you have a vacuum related DTC, that is a good indication that the timing is mechanically incorrect on bank 1.

Have the dealer hook up IDS and view the VCT_ERR PID for bank 1 in PCM data logger. If it doesn’t hover around 0 degrees at warm idle, bank 1 is out of time. In that case the dealer will need to re-time the engine. It’s critical that the workshop manual procedure is followed exactly as written.

Last edited: