Hellwig Swaybar installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there any benefit to the swaybar if I am going with Geiser Progressive springs on the front and Deaver +3s on the back of my truck? i.e. Do the Geisers and Deavers provide enough cornering and handling performance on their own?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the swaybar on for 5 years now. It's a must have!!!

Make sure you have the U-bolts connected as far apart as possible, as close as you can get it to the bend that goes forward to the links.

Couple of things I had to do.
Buy the collars to keep the swaybar from shifting left or right.

Collars.jpg

Second, I had to have Crazy House Custom put some welds on the brackets holding the U-bolts to keep it from twisting.
I got tired of constantly readjusting the damn thing. And because I have the AFE Diff cover I don't have much room.

IMG_20150705_142719_545.jpg

I have it on the hardest setting which I couldn't tell a difference when I switched.
I may ask for a stiffer one.

Last edited:

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive 90+% urban and highway and don't anticipate taking my 18 SCrew to Moab or any super technical rock crawling. Noticed that the Raptor had quite a bit more body lean than my '14 Z60 Sierra with 20" wheels. I read some favorable comments about the Hellwig rear sway and decided to try it.

Installed on the ground in my garage, took about a hour. Hardest part was snaking in the threaded backing plates into the frame rails. You have to work the plates into place by bending the guide wires to fish it to the frame rail slots so that the U shaped attachment for the sway links can be secured.

Simple hand tools are all that is needed. I mounted mine in the full loose end holes, and there are 3 holes in each end of the sway so its very adjustable.

First impressions - even in the loosest setting body lean is significantly reduced with no unwanted oversteer. No increased roughness noted either.

Very impressed, highly recommend this mod for non-crawlers

eclou...I came across this thread after having my 17 go from one side of the road (yet again) to the other coming around a corner with a studder bump mid way through.

After that I said enough is enough I am going to look into a rear sway bar kit...but Hellwig (had one on my 08 Sierra Denali, and it handled like a car after) does not list a part # for the Gen II Raptors...Can you please list out, and where you got, etc.

Thanks so much.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive 90+% urban and highway and don't anticipate taking my 18 SCrew to Moab or any super technical rock crawling. Noticed that the Raptor had quite a bit more body lean than my '14 Z60 Sierra with 20" wheels. I read some favorable comments about the Hellwig rear sway and decided to try it.

Installed on the ground in my garage, took about a hour. Hardest part was snaking in the threaded backing plates into the frame rails. You have to work the plates into place by bending the guide wires to fish it to the frame rail slots so that the U shaped attachment for the sway links can be secured.

Simple hand tools are all that is needed. I mounted mine in the full loose end holes, and there are 3 holes in each end of the sway so its very adjustable.

First impressions - even in the loosest setting body lean is significantly reduced with no unwanted oversteer. No increased roughness noted either.

Very impressed, highly recommend this mod for non-crawlers

Hey there, having a local shop do mine (I ran out of time yesterday) along with an oil change, and they just called me all concerned about it hitting everything from lifts the next time I am at a garage to anything on a dirt road.

I nicely explained my 14 Raptor is the one that goes through the rough stuff and this one mainly rides on pavement and/or dirt roads/fire roads...but have any of you had ANY clearance issues with anything as far as mild off roading?

OP
OP
eclou

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there, having a local shop do mine (I ran out of time yesterday) along with an oil change, and they just called me all concerned about it hitting everything from lifts the next time I am at a garage to anything on a dirt road.

I nicely explained my 14 Raptor is the one that goes through the rough stuff and this one mainly rides on pavement and/or dirt roads/fire roads...but have any of you had ANY clearance issues with anything as far as mild off roading?
None. It doesn't really look like it would compromise anything

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the swaybar on for 5 years now. It's a must have!!!

Make sure you have the U-bolts connected as far apart as possible, as close as you can get it to the bend that goes forward to the links.

Couple of things I had to do.
Buy the collars to keep the swaybar from shifting left or right.

View attachment 100310

Second, I had to have Crazy House Custom put some welds on the brackets holding the U-bolts to keep it from twisting.
I got tired of constantly readjusting the damn thing. And because I have the AFE Diff cover I don't have much room.

View attachment 100311

I have it on the hardest setting which I couldn't tell a difference when I switched.
I may ask for a stiffer one.

MTF, where did you get those Collars? Hellwig? And b/f those your Axle Mounts were literally sliding left or right? Pics of this please?

And where did Crazy House put the welds...Can you get pics also?

My 17 Raptor started to make a creaky/clunky noise over uneven terrain after about 3 weeks w/the sway bar....and I retorqued the U-Bolt Nuts and seems fine, but was just curious for a more long term?

Wondering if a 2nd set of "Stop Nuts" would help too....