Hello to all new to me 2013 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ceno

Ceno

Reaction score
Ok my boy has got over 200k on it going to do my first oil change any things I should look out for what’s good bad and the ugly my buddy that helps me is a big Lucas fan puts in everything I like the hotshot additives when I had my f350 just wanted to see if anything worked better than anything else

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok my boy has got over 200k on it going to do my first oil change any things I should look out for what’s good bad and the ugly my buddy that helps me is a big Lucas fan puts in everything I like the hotshot additives when I had my f350 just wanted to see if anything worked better than anything else

100k mark items I did after getting a used 93k mi Gen1; will do again at 200k or before depending on item:

Shock Rebuild will help ride quality; check for leaks. Do this every 50k or so to keep ride floaty. See TSW or others for rebuilds. Check for sale section for take-offs to get a cheap rebuild. Go King replacements if you’re ballin’!

Brakes; check pads and rotors. Probably need replaced. Vendors here have great deals, especially around Black Friday.

Tires; probably need replaced. Many options available.

Plugs, Wires, Coils; replace. Guys here like fancy stuff like NGK, etc. which isn’t bad. I used motorcraft plugs and haven’t had any problems. Mileage went up and idle was smoother.

These seem to be standard maintenance things I have encountered and seen done here. Everyone’s opinion will vary.
Hope this helps!

OP
OP
Ceno

Ceno

Reaction score
Had new tires on it when I bought it a few weeks ago shocks don’t seem to leak and the ride to me is great it’s nice and floaty over stuff I’ll have to check the breaks out no noise but will need to look
Yea I have been thinking about the Coils and plugs and wires but I want to get the exhaust done first so I’m on the save up list I was thinking about the steel works I want to get the full system from headers X-pipe and true duals but it’s going to hurt the pocket book and then is going to kill me to put them on I hear they are a MAJOR pain in the @$$ but what in life isn’t that’s worth having

OP
OP
Ceno

Ceno

Reaction score
And then head lights the person before me put led on the back and now they are hyper flashing I’m guessing because they are not all led

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got the SW long tubes and true dual exhaust, I had it installed, but I HEAR YOU HAVE TO JACK ONE SIDE OF THE MOTOR UP A BIT. Had it on for 10 years now, no problems at all. While you are replacing the exhaust, you may as well get new O2 sensors, the old ones will be rusted in place by now. Get the Ford ones!

OP
OP
Ceno

Ceno

Reaction score
Working threw all the small bugs in my new to me truck and one of my power door locks on rear driver door wasn’t working with the fob or switch but I could unlock and lock manually so I we picked up new actuator put it in kinda a pain for me but got it swapped out and it didn’t fix the problem been reading other post and a lot of people talking about broke wires in these trucks I even stopped by my stereo shop to talk to them about my back up camera not working and first thing out there mouths was these trucks have a lot of bad wiring in them has anyone heard this has there been any recalls or is it just Murphy law following me around

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Working threw all the small bugs in my new to me truck and one of my power door locks on rear driver door wasn’t working with the fob or switch but I could unlock and lock manually so I we picked up new actuator put it in kinda a pain for me but got it swapped out and it didn’t fix the problem been reading other post and a lot of people talking about broke wires in these trucks I even stopped by my stereo shop to talk to them about my back up camera not working and first thing out there mouths was these trucks have a lot of bad wiring in them has anyone heard this has there been any recalls or is it just Murphy law following me around
The rear camera can be just the ground wire getting corroded, unplug under the back of the truck first and check the connection for corrosion and then follow that bulk wire connector up to the tailgate and check there. If you don't find anything, it could be a bad camera. But that guy is full of shit. As far as the rear door, @The Car Stereo Company is the master at these, but I have seen the wires inside by the hinge get pinched, so check there too. The only wiring problems I have ever seen or heard about are from mice, the bulk connector in the transmission and if you offroad hard, the bulk wiring running below the frame could get pinched, but the wiring itself is fine. Still ****** me off as I'm writing this about hearing useless techs talk shit when they know nothing.

OP
OP
Ceno

Ceno

Reaction score
Thanks I’ll check around and see what I can find and I’ll post my results

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have heard of wiring issues, but its not widespread. the shop that told you that these trucks have wiring issues, isnt correct. only a handful of trucks have a problem. check the door boot and look for broken wires. thst is the most common place to have wires break due to the bending back and forth when the doors opens.