Hello from Texas!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tell her to check in to Burleson schools. Burleson is a great place to grow up. Its a bigger town but has a small old town feel.
Thanks,

Burleson looks great but we're staying in Uptown Dallas (down town area). So we need something a bit closer.

robmax72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the Dallas area. If you want to go make trouble give me a shout!

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the Dallas area. If you want to go make trouble give me a shout!

Sounds great,

We're headed to Florida next week but maybe we can do something the following week. Who knows, maybe I can make a stop by the house in Midland and pick up my Raptor on my way back.

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My grandparents had to do much the same as your experiencing with your son when my dad was born in Des Moinse Iowa. His allergys and asthma where so bad the dr's told them to get the hell outa there and look for a more arid/dry climate.

somehow on the way to Arizona they stopped in Amarillo and stayed, but I guess it all worked out for the best. He gave me the advice that whatever happens with my daughter on the way just be ready to do whatever needs to be done for their health and well being, which I was prepared to do anyway.

Best of luck with the Kiddo! It sounds like he has awesome parents looking out for him :waytogo:

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My grandparents had to do much the same as your experiencing with your son when my dad was born in Des Moinse Iowa. His allergys and asthma where so bad the dr's told them to get the hell outa there and look for a more arid/dry climate.

somehow on the way to Arizona they stopped in Amarillo and stayed, but I guess it all worked out for the best. He gave me the advice that whatever happens with my daughter on the way just be ready to do whatever needs to be done for their health and well being, which I was prepared to do anyway.

Best of luck with the Kiddo! It sounds like he has awesome parents looking out for him :waytogo:

Thanks,

It's day 10 and everything is good and our son is back to eating right...even trying new foods! We're very thankful to say the least. We're going to do some allergy testing when we get back from Florida to see if we can narrow it down.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
My allergies were the least troublesome when I lived in Amarillo.

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We're back from Orlando and everything went great!! Our son ran around with Mickey and Mini Mouse with ease. We also spent the day at Universal Studios and I had to threaten our son with his life in order to leave lol But he never showed any signs of allergies!

Anyhow, we're back in Dallas and going for allergy testing tomorrow.

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My allergies were the least troublesome when I lived in Amarillo.

I'd have to say mine are so-so here.. I get terrible sinus drainage and pretty gooey eye allergies which can be irritating to say the least. Probably the biggest downer would be living in Amarillo :shocked: It's probably not far off from midland in terms of size, cost of living, workforce, etc.. it just seems this place is on a really fast downhill slide lately.. and city leaders continue to run off any good that comes our way. I have considered moving the DFW area more than a million times, but nothing has come of it yet..

SVTRay, glad to hear your son is doing well and enjoyed his vacation!

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Probably the biggest downer would be living in Amarillo :shocked: It's probably not far off from midland in terms of size, cost of living, workforce, etc.. it just seems this place is on a really fast downhill slide lately.. and city leaders continue to run off any good that comes our way. I have considered moving the DFW area more than a million times, but nothing has come of it yet..
Granted it has been awhile since I lived there (still go back to visit family), but I really enjoyed living there and definitely preferred the climate to Midland (usually cooler - but not this summer and the dirt storms are not nearly as bad). It was also a lot closer to off-road activities (Canadian River, NM). The only downside for us was the lack of work options for my wife and I (hence Houston).

SVTRay, glad to hear your son is doing well and enjoyed his vacation!
Me too!!

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everyone,

We're back from the allergist and it looks like grass and mesquite trees/bushes are the culprit. There isn't a whole lot that can be done about environment allergies. Right now we're on a medicine that flushes built up allergens which should help.