Hello from Ohio! 2022 Agate Black @ MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello from Ohio!

Earlier this week I put down a non-refundable deposit to secure a new 2022 F-150 Raptor (Agate Black - 801a - Moonroof & Tailgate - Auto Start/Stop Delete). My truck is in production as I post this! As the truck is spec'd, (no auto start/stop, no bed liner, no graphics) I'm hoping it will be shipped in a few weeks from now without any hold ups. I'll be coming from a 4Runner (White, 5th Gen) which has been a tank of a SUV. That vehicle took an absolute beating on the trails and in the fields, yet I never had an issue with it. I'm hoping this Raptor is durable as well.

I'm purchasing the truck at MSRP! Yes, it is possible, although I spent a day calling ~25 dealerships to find it. Most of the conversations with dealers, as many of you know, were frustrating as they did not have a clear understanding of how the allocation or supply constraints affect ordering and receiving build slots for these vehicles. I've been reading through the forum a lot this week and other people's experiences and data points gave me the confidence to pull the trigger immediately when I came across this opportunity (at MSRP and truck being in production), so thanks for sharing your experiences.

I'll also note, I will be purchasing this truck as a cash purchase. This was a requirement the dealer had in order to honor the MSRP price which they quoted. This is a high volume dealer and my understanding is they didn't want the hassle of dealing with out of state financing? Thought I'd share that for those of you calling out of state dealers, might make you the path of least resistance when negotiating. Although I'd presume your in state dealers would actually prefer you finance the vehicle as they get a cut? Who knows...

I'll be honest, I originally wanted a white Raptor, and I have some concerns about the black paint showing scratches and wear from off-roading. I'm strongly considering getting the truck fully wrapped with a Xpel PPF wrap and then ceramic coated. Not sure if I should go with Xpel's Stealth which is 8 mil thick and a matte finish or Xpel's Ultimate 10 which is 10 mil thick and high gloss finish.
Welcome. I came from a 5th gen 4R too. Absolutely awesome off road, but you won't be able to go half the places with your Raptor (but you already knew that :) )

I did quite a bit of off-roading in the Reading, PA area with my 4R and TRD PRO Tacoma.

OP
OP
USA

USA

Reaction score
Welcome. I came from a 5th gen 4R too. Absolutely awesome off road, but you won't be able to go half the places with your Raptor (but you already knew that :) )

I did quite a bit of off-roading in the Reading, PA area with my 4R and TRD PRO Tacoma.
That's awesome, ya the 4R is a little engine that could. This Raptor will be next level. I've been out in the area a bunch in PA. Never have gone off-roading tho. I'll have to check out some places next time I'm out there.