Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolf_Racer

Reaction score
This is a great thread, thanks guys!

I have a 23 raptor, has the wheel heater element, I got the ML3Z-3F791-HB part and will install it. I am not going to install the HVAC replacement with button.

On Fordscan (I have this too), you guys say program, do you mean you just have enable the heated steering wheel for the screen or something else?

Thanks

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a great thread, thanks guys!

I have a 23 raptor, has the wheel heater element, I got the ML3Z-3F791-HB part and will install it. I am not going to install the HVAC replacement with button.

On Fordscan (I have this too), you guys say program, do you mean you just have enable the heated steering wheel for the screen or something else?

Thanks
If you aren’t going to use a new hvac module with the button
-can skip hvac changes (I am 95% sure on this one)
-Need to make apim changes to tell it that the vehicle now has a heated wheel
-Need to make sccm changes to tell the vehicle it has a heated wheel
(can steal these both from the pdf instructions posted in this thread)
-also need to make some additional changes to apim for the soft button: change to unreal theme, enable climate bar, enable heated steering button on climate bar (will need to find those scatted through this thread and forescan thread)

Last edited:

mjclark06

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am new here, Just wanted to say thank you for all the help! just finished the ambient lighting, HVAC + digital readout, and can confirm 100% that the BB sccm will not work on a 23. ordering the HB now.... This was also crazy, the 2022 (BB) sccm changed the dash splash screen from "raptor" to "ford tough".... actually did have a working heated steering wheel, but no wheel controls for a few minutes.

does anyone know the Forscan code to adjust for eliminating the HVAC temperature readouts at the top of the screen? would like to turn off, and wasn't sure if it would be APIM or HVAC Module? Please let me know.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am new here, Just wanted to say thank you for all the help! just finished the ambient lighting, HVAC + digital readout, and can confirm 100% that the BB sccm will not work on a 23. ordering the HB now.... This was also crazy, the 2022 (BB) sccm changed the dash splash screen from "raptor" to "ford tough".... actually did have a working heated steering wheel, but no wheel controls for a few minutes.

does anyone know the Forscan code to adjust for eliminating the HVAC temperature readouts at the top of the screen? would like to turn off, and wasn't sure if it would be APIM or HVAC Module? Please let me know.
Let’s see the beast you’re working on. That would’ve been a proper 1st post.

MZRaptor

Reaction score

APIM - I will get the address and value and post back when I have a chance to look.

5280Raptor3

Reaction score
Just picked up my 23 on Saturday, so glad I found this thread, the HSW was my one of my favorite things about my Gen 2, was kind bummed this Gen 3 didnt have it. Got the parts ordered, they should be here in a few days. I apologize in advance if this has already been asked, but I wasnt able to find it on here.
1. Where is the best pace to source the Forscan cable and software?
2. Not sure if it matters but my truck has a build date of February 2023, I saw that for the SCCM part# ML3Z-3F791-BB is needed, but also saw someone had an issue with this one and had to get HB one. Is there any sort of confirmation of this, or just order both and return whichever one works. Not sure if the build date of the truck matters or not for that part.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my 23 on Saturday, so glad I found this thread, the HSW was my one of my favorite things about my Gen 2, was kind bummed this Gen 3 didnt have it. Got the parts ordered, they should be here in a few days. I apologize in advance if this has already been asked, but I wasnt able to find it on here.
1. Where is the best pace to source the Forscan cable and software?
2. Not sure if it matters but my truck has a build date of February 2023, I saw that for the SCCM part# ML3Z-3F791-BB is needed, but also saw someone had an issue with this one and had to get HB one. Is there any sort of confirmation of this, or just order both and return whichever one works. Not sure if the build date of the truck matters or not for that part.
1. Forescan.org, obdlink EX either on Amazon or their own site (I got a new customer 10% off coupon from their own site but still shipped via Amazon!)
2. Seems to be more or less confirmed to get the HB unit for raptors. Other option is the boosted greygoose kit which includes a different part number on the unit (ford has two part number logic’s and I have no idea why) but is likely the HB unit as it works just fine for everyone who has used it.
3. Free advice, read this thread and the one at gen14 back to front with note pad and watch the vids and the install is not hard at all.

Last edited:

5280Raptor3

Reaction score
1. Forescan.org, obdlink mx+ either on Amazon or their own site (I got a new customer 10% off coupon from their own site but still shipped via Amazon!)
2. Seems to be more or less confirmed to get the HB unit for raptors. Other option is the boosted greygoose kit which includes a different part number on the unit (ford has two part number logic’s and I have no idea why) but is likely the HB unit as it works just fine for everyone who has used it.
3. Free advice, read this thread and the one at gen14 back to front with note pad and watch the vids and the install is not hard at all.
Awesome, thank you for your help!

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome, thank you for your help!
Download software from here…

Buy Forscan tool from here or Amazon…

Forscan advise…be sure to backup your modules BEFORE you make any changes.

Last but not least, posts pics of the beast you’re gonna be working on.