Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Reaction score
Just a heads up to those who purchased the climate controls with digital readout. They might not work for you. I have a master tech at Ford doing the programming, and the HVAC with digital readout will not take programming when plugged in. The unit without digital readout works. Just wanted to let you guys know ahead of time. They are still looking into things, but that’s looking to be an issue. I’m wondering if it’s because the readout was moved to the screen, and this is causing complication with the program.

MZRaptor

Reaction score
Just a heads up to those who purchased the climate controls with digital readout. They might not work for you. I have a master tech at Ford doing the programming, and the HVAC with digital readout will not take programming when plugged in. The unit without digital readout works. Just wanted to let you guys know ahead of time. They are still looking into things, but that’s looking to be an issue. I’m wondering if it’s because the readout was moved to the screen, and this is causing complication with the program.
This is a great call out. Does anyone have the part number for the non digital readout version? I am getting this done this week, and the HVAC unit I bought has the digital readout. Will update this thread with findings by the end of the week.

OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Reaction score
This is a great call out. Does anyone have the part number for the non digital readout version? I am getting this done this week, and the HVAC unit I bought has the digital readout. Will update this thread with findings by the end of the week.
Just don’t want people getting screwed. Gives you time to return the unit and get a correct version. I know the non digital readout is more expensive, but it’s looking to be the only one that works.

MZRaptor

Reaction score
Just don’t want people getting screwed. Gives you time to return the unit and get a correct version. I know the non digital readout is more expensive, but it’s looking to be the only one that works.
Do you have the correct part number?

MZRaptor

Reaction score
I’m only seeing ML3Z-19980-K. That’s what I ordered. I wound up with a digital temp version.

I’ll be able to report here if I can get it to work by this weekend. If not I’ll need to source the non digital temp version with heated steering wheel. OR keep the original hvac panel and use the soft button.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting keep us updated
I’d have to look. My dealer ordered everything for me. I remember it mentioned earlier in this thread. I don’t want to misspeak.
damn how did they get the clock spring module…. You should def see if they will give you list of parts they grabbed for you

One last question, did they replace the steering wheel bolt or are they reusing?

MZRaptor

Reaction score

damn how did they get the clock spring module…. You should def see if they will give you list of parts they grabbed for you

One last question, did they replace the steering wheel bolt or are they reusing?
You have me wondering now.

Is it not safe to reuse the steering wheel bolt?

OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Reaction score

I can ask all these questions, guys. As stated when I signed up here, I have three good friends that work at the dealer. One is general sales manager, one is service manager, and one is parts manager. I just want to be transparent about that. I might not be the normal here. They go above and beyond for me, and I’m grateful for that. I would have to ask all these questions when I get my truck. It actually went in for a warranty issue, as my truck was delivered with a messed up rear seat. They had to order that, and during the course of its dealer stay, we decided to tackle the heated wheel. It’s actually been there for three weeks. Let me see what kind of info I can get.