Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering doing the retrofit, but I'm gonna wait until it's been done by someone here so I know exactly what I'm in for. Not too excited about spending the money for it, (principle), or tearing into a brand new truck.
Swapping the steering wheel is easy. The hardest part is probably making sure that you line up the clock spring with the wheels straight before removing the steering wheel. Turn the wheels straight, remove the bolt, pull off the wheel, and then remove the clock spring. It’s no different on the raptor than the non-raptor F-150’s. A lot of people have retrofitted heated steering, paddle shifters, and raptor steering wheels into the RCSB lower trim trucks along with digital clusters, 12” displays, heated & cooled seats, and center consoles. There are a few people making plug & play harnesses to do all of these retrofits.

OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Reaction score
I can go either way on the heated wheel. If it’s a direct plug and play, the way it comes from Ford, and all Ford parts, I might consider it. Cost is depending, also. But, I’m not trying to hack up my brand new truck, or tear the entire dash apart to make it happen. We have gone decades without a heated steering wheel, and while it’s super important to some, I still bought the truck without it. Like I stated earlier, waiting for the heated wheel to come back, will likely end in another feature you want possibly being deleted. I’ll wait for someone daring enough to rip their new truck apart to be the guinea pig.

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in Delaware, dealership is in Newcastle, De. I buy a lot of trucks and cars from this dealership so at most I pay is msrp or under.
I live just over the border in PA. You must be close by. I'll keep an eye out for your truck.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can go either way on the heated wheel. If it’s a direct plug and play, the way it comes from Ford, and all Ford parts, I might consider it. Cost is depending, also. But, I’m not trying to hack up my brand new truck, or tear the entire dash apart to make it happen. We have gone decades without a heated steering wheel, and while it’s super important to some, I still bought the truck without it. Like I stated earlier, waiting for the heated wheel to come back, will likely end in another feature you want possibly being deleted. I’ll wait for someone daring enough to rip their new truck apart to be the guinea pig.
I think I am with you on this, from my POV, with truck just having been built and I have never used forescan before, nor have i ever torn apart a dash...

i continue to feel there would be good business in a reasonably priced kit that a DIYer or indy shop can purchase that comes with instructions and all the parts soup to nuts so everything plugs together just like it would have been done on the assembly line
-for a 2023 F150 [insert model] with delete it needs ford part X, Y, and model specific steering wheel Z
-if you want the physical controls need part A or B
-forescan change details

OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Reaction score
I think I am with you on this, from my POV, with truck just having been built and I have never used forescan before, nor have i ever torn apart a dash...

i continue to feel there would be good business in a reasonably priced kit that a DIYer or indy shop can purchase that comes with instructions and all the parts soup to nuts so everything plugs together just like it would have been done on the assembly line
-for a 2023 F150 [insert model] with delete it needs ford part X, Y, and model specific steering wheel Z
-if you want the physical controls need part A or B
-forescan change details
I totally agree. It’s honestly not that serious to me. If it works out down the load just like Ford would install from factory, and price is reasonable, then maybe. Until then, I’m enjoying the truck plenty without the wheel, and it’s been 15* here a few days.

MDRAPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in Delaware, dealership is in Newcastle, De. I buy a lot of trucks and cars from this dealership so at most I pay is msrp or under.
Carman Ford... Great Dealership My Father in-law works there. If you need contact let me know

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s an updated list with the terminal ends to plug the wires into the harness.
This is including a heated Lariat steering wheel and the HVAC controls with the steering button and digital display. People are reporting that when they order the controls from Tasca they’re receiving the digital version.

Attachments

• 30848050-9CA1-4E10-A6FF-8AFED348FF52.jpeg
    30848050-9CA1-4E10-A6FF-8AFED348FF52.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 149

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why can't we let the $140 credit go. By that rationale we should be able to go to the parts department, buy every part for said Raptor, assemble every nut, bolt, and whatever, build the entire truck, align, program, and top off fluids for MSRP. LOL. Actually, $140 may be generous as Ford's actual cost on the feature might even be less that that. Fact is, we'll never know Fords cost but anyone expecting a credit amt more than is being silly. Why would they do that?

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why can't we let the $140 credit go. By that rationale we should be able to go to the parts department, buy every part for said Raptor, assemble every nut, bolt, and whatever, build the entire truck, align, program, and top off fluids for MSRP. LOL. Actually, $140 may be generous as Ford's actual cost on the feature might even be less that that. Fact is, we'll never know Fords cost but anyone expecting a credit amt more than is being silly. Why would they do that?
I think people (like me) are unhappy about the $140 credit, is due to many reasons including the feature is worth more than that to us. We ordered a truck with known features for a known price. Then Ford drops features, but raised the MSRP of the truck (I'm paying about $7,000 more than when I placed my order in February 2022).

So maybe the $140 credit is what it actually cost/saved Ford for being able to remove the feature. But it could be viewed as insulting by the customer who really wants that feature. Or maybe another customer feels they're taking a step backwards -- their current truck has that feature and their new $8x,000 Raptor doesn't. Maybe it's the way Ford communicated it to their customers (or didn't).

I think for me it's all of the above. I'm buying the most expensive vehicle in my lifetime so far, and quite frankly a Raptor is supposed to be "the best". But when you loose the heated steering wheel, advanced security system, interior temperature display, under seat storage, etc combined with price increases and a year wait... $140 seems pretty insulting to me. I'd rather be given a choice... Truck goes into chip-hold, accept the discount, or we'll install it at a later date.

Just my $0.02. :beatdeadhorse5: