Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

forbin42

Reaction score
Today I spent the morning installing the new heated steering wheel feature and running through the codes to make it all happen, and we now have heated steering! And all I added, was the new steering wheel column part, and then coding through the FORScan.

Attachments

• IMG_0905.jpeg
    IMG_0905.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0906.jpeg
    IMG_0906.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0908.jpeg
    IMG_0908.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 123

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I spent the morning installing the new heated steering wheel feature and running through the codes to make it all happen, and we now have heated steering! And all I added, was the new steering wheel column part, and then coding through the FORScan.
Nice!!! I am planning on doing this… after the summer time lol

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have to enable the Unreal theme? Maybe I missed it in this thread but what does the "soft" button look like on the infotainment?

Poboy

Reaction score
I asked my dealership if they would install the parts if I paid the labor as stated in the thread and received the following response.

"I spoke with our shop foreman. The forscan device you are referring to is a non-ford programming device that we do not have here at the dealership. We would be unable to program your vehicle to make the heated steering wheel operable. This would also cancel all warranty on the vehicle because multiple modules are going to be manipulated with the forscan program to make the heated steering wheel work. As a reputable Ford dealership, we are unable to do this for you. We are unaware of any ford authorized special service messages, technical service bulletins, or communications from ford that authorize the use of an aftermarket programming device to add non factory equipped options.

My question is can the dealer program this change with the "Ford programing device" or are you required to use the FORScan device? Has anyone had luck having a dealer perform the work or is everyone DIYing it?
Is this something that actually voids warranty and would be detectable?

laramie1pt8t

Reaction score
Since I am not getting warm and fuzzy feelings from the Boosted Grey Goose website(its constantly down for maintenance and now doesn't even list the kit), I am just going to order the ML3Z-3F791-HB(SCCM) and the NL3Z-19980-S(HVAC) from OEM Ford Parts Direct. Both parts together are $300. I am not sure how much the BGG kit goes for but I believe it was up around $500? If its worth reaching out I am open to that. Anyway, I am a little confused by the programming attachments from page 7. I have looked at them 10 times and they confuse me with the highlighted numbers. Does anyone have a simple list of the changes or am I grossly missing something that is very simple? I am very familiar with Forscan I have already done a number of changes.

EDIT: The item @ Boosted is now listed, the website wasn't generating the image because it was recently updated. Still, I dont believe I need the harness from Boosted($200) and just need the HVAC and SCCM. Their total kit is $585, it seems high and I have yet to hear anyone needing the harness.

Last edited:

MZRaptor

Reaction score
Since I am not getting warm and fuzzy feelings from the Boosted Grey Goose website(its constantly down for maintenance and now doesn't even list the kit), I am just going to order the ML3Z-3F791-HB(SCCM) and the NL3Z-19980-S(HVAC) from OEM Ford Parts Direct. Both parts together are $300. I am not sure how much the BGG kit goes for but I believe it was up around $500? If its worth reaching out I am open to that. Anyway, I am a little confused by the programming attachments from page 7. I have looked at them 10 times and they confuse me with the highlighted numbers. Does anyone have a simple list of the changes or am I grossly missing something that is very simple? I am very familiar with Forscan I have already done a number of changes.

EDIT: The item @ Boosted is now listed, the website wasn't generating the image because it was recently updated. Still, I dont believe I need the harness from Boosted($200) and just need the HVAC and SCCM. Their total kit is $585, it seems high and I have yet to hear anyone needing the harness.
You won’t need the harness.