Heated Steering Wheel swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wcm23

Reaction score
I currently have a 2021 f150 king ranch and my 2023 raptor is being built and unfortunately has the heated steering wheel delete. I know it may be too soon to know what components are missing but what are the chances I could get a dealer to swap the necessary components during trade in?

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's a whole different steering wheel and the internal parts have heating strips which im guessing you cannot simply swap or add. You'd probably have to break down the whole steering wheel for that.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody knows yet. There has been talk of Ford saying they will retrofit later but I’m thinking it’s just a rumor.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's a whole different steering wheel and the internal parts have heating strips which im guessing you cannot simply swap or add. You'd probably have to break down the whole steering wheel for that.
What if you bought a steering wheel from a heated steering wheel truck?
I currently have a 2021 f150 king ranch and my 2023 raptor is being built and unfortunately has the heated steering wheel delete. I know it may be too soon to know what components are missing but what are the chances I could get a dealer to swap the necessary components during trade in?
I was thinking of the same thing, just for our Gen 2.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if you bought a steering wheel from a heated steering wheel truck?
we also don't know if they will have a heated steering wheel button either. Then you would have to wire it in. Might be like the start stop blank button

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

we also don't know if they will have a heated steering wheel button either. Then you would have to wire it in. Might be like the start stop blank button
I wish it was as simple as some state. Like you, I feel it’s a bit much of an involved process to simply add this feature...heating strips, wiring, let alone the controls. Now if Ford provides a retrofit option for let’s say $140…different story.;)

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish it was as simple as some state. Like you, I feel it’s a bit much of an involved process to simply add this feature...heating strips, wiring, let alone the controls. Now if Ford provides a retrofit option for let’s say $140…different story.;)
im not too worried...it's hot most of the year where I live. Other vehicles have heated steering wheel but never use it. Annnd no I will not trade anyone for a non heated one regardless if I use it or not lmaooo

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who’d buy the 2021 f150 king ranch w/out that feature? Wouldn’t be your concern; it’s out of your hands, right…

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im not too worried...it's hot most of the year where I live. Other vehicles have heated steering wheel but never use it. Annnd no I will not trade anyone for a non heated one regardless if I use it or not lmaooo
Can see someone posing that question soon. Lol