Heat not working :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
There’s no spec, diagnostics just indicate that the heater core inlet hose should be 150 degrees or higher at normal engine operating temperature.

so this is wierd... i did the steps you stated and heat seemed to be working fine and then this morning it was back to blowing just cold air again? no idea whats going on since the heat seemed to be fine and the vents were all working etc but then this morning i let the truck war up and ****! no heat and even on the entire drive to work (15 miles) still blew cold air. so strange!

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you! I only had to do it a couple times and it seemed to work. Do you know what the actual temp the vents should be blowing out? I was told around 125 degrees with the heat on full blast but this being the first time I’ve had to use the heat I have nothing to compare it to. My Tacoma was like a sauna but that’s not a fair comparison. Thanks again for the detailed help!
With a 180 thermostat heat out my vents is 152 degrees out left middle vent , coolant temperatures 186 deg.

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Now I’m finding that there’s heat on the passenger side but not the drivers side. This is now a blend door actuator issue. Fml anyone familiar with replacing this and if it’s as big of a pita as the gen1’s?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now I’m finding that there’s heat on the passenger side but not the drivers side. This is now a blend door actuator issue. Fml anyone familiar with replacing this and if it’s as big of a pita as the gen1’s?
Driver side temperature door actuator is located under the passenger side of the dash toward the left hand side. It can be replaced without removing anything else.

Do you have ForScan? If the actuator is stuck or failed, there should be DTCs in the FCIM/HVAC Module.

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
I do but not very savvy with it. It’s weird because it will work later in the day but in the mornings on the way to work is the only time it doesn’t blow heat. So strange. I also don’t hear the clicking that everyone says

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Driver side temperature door actuator is located under the passenger side of the dash toward the left hand side. It can be replaced without removing anything else.

Do you have ForScan? If the actuator is stuck or failed, there should be DTCs in the FCIM/HVAC Module.

So it’s definitely just the passenger side with heat and the drivers side no heat but then throughout the day it eventually works. I’m thinking in cold mornings it sticks. Any additional info or recommended videos to assist would be greatly appreciated. Trying to search for the part number now… wish me luck!

Chrishiznit33

Reaction score
I’m having the same problem. I’ve had mr radiator out and in a few times. Could an air bubble be causing the driver side not to come out hot ? Passenger is fine. Inlet hoses at firewall are hot.

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
I’m having the same problem. I’ve had mr radiator out and in a few times. Could an air bubble be causing the driver side not to come out hot ? Passenger is fine. Inlet hoses at firewall are hot.

possibly and i thought that was an issue as well for me since i had the thermostat replaced but still having the same problem... i have a bad feeling its the air inlet motor inside the dash area thats broken and causing the heat to go to the passenger side but noone to the drivers.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, good thing is, it's almost summer weather and you can take the gloves off. Did you find the damper motor part# and any plans to do the repair yourself?