Headlights just started cracking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Hemmy

thanks for the info. below is the ingredient list for the products. cross referencing your link, they do not appear to contain any of the chemicals that would cause cracking or crazing.

View attachment 367159View attachment 367165
It lists 3 solvents that could attack the lens. I saw some spray degreaser eat up and crack polycarbonate/lexan blocks at work. Just saying

Hannibal

Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but does anyone have the part numbers for the projector head lights? When I picked up my 22 it didn’t have them and it’s the one thing I wanted that I didn’t get

OP
OP
M

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't now but i am scheduled to get the headlights replaced the first week in Oct and will have it then. I expect somebody here will be able to provide it before that

OP
OP
M

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still have not heard back from griot's garage. they were supposedly having their product team check into this. certainly not going to use the bug remover on the replacement headlights.

OP
OP
M

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took my truck in for the headlight replacement at the local ford dealer (40 minutes away) told it was a 2-3 hour job because they have to recalibrate the headlights, etc. After waiting for 1.5 hrs, they take me to the back and show me that the replacement headlights .. which they had had for a couple weeks .. are both damaged.

apparently they do not inspect stuff upon receipt .. :( not a good first impression of service with my first Ford I have owned

so they are re-ordering another set and said they will inspect them first.