Headlights Always On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The low beam are always on if you have your lights set on auto. If you do not want your low beams on then turn off auto.

I guess what I was trying to say is there is a difference between low beams and daytime running lamps, even though they use the same LED chip / lense. Low beams are full intensity. Daytime lights are reduced.

Blue Ballin

Reaction score
Wow. Next up: "Why do my windshield wipers function on their own in the rain? Paranormal activity? Is my truck possessed?" (lol. Sorry, but.....ask silly questions, get silly responses... ;))

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The low beam are always on if you have your lights set on auto. If you do not want your low beams on then turn off auto.

I can only speak for my 2019 802A truck.

Daytime running lights (DLR) through the low beam circuit do not have to always be on with your rotary knob set to auto.

With the left side steering wheel button, toggle the display between the 2 large center gauges to:

Settings
Advanced Settings
Vehicle
Lighting
Daytime light (and deselect it)

One of the first config changes I made to my truck

Good luck....

OP
OP
R

Ro_Ja Boy

Reaction score
I can only speak for my 2019 802A truck.

Daytime running lights (DLR) through the low beam circuit do not have to always be on with your rotary knob set to auto.

With the left side steering wheel button, toggle the display between the 2 large center gauges to:

Settings
Advanced Settings
Vehicle
Lighting
Daytime light (and deselect it)

One of the first config changes I made to my truck

Good luck....
Thank you. Will check it out. I'm used toDRLs being less bright versions compared to the headlights being on and that's not the case

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Thank you. Will check it out. I'm used toDRLs being less bright versions compared to the headlights being on and that's not the case

I have a 2019 and the DRL are using less voltage in Auto.

When turning the headlamp knob one turn to the left gives you a brighter headlight, normal voltage.

I could see this in the reflection of the vehicle in front of me.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DRLs are dimmer than low beams.

When in Auto mode, the DLRs are active. (unless disabled as shown above)

Turning the knob one position to the left turns on the low beam headlights