Headlights aimed too high?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

ReLLiK75

Reaction score
So one thing I noticed with glare free is that the headlight output seems significantly less in areas with lots of traffic and/or street lamps. I wasn't able to see the gradual shift in lighting as demonstrated in the ford video. I guess I need to go find a dark road to really see glare-free in action.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed the new F-150 truck lights blinding me when coming at me. Actually it seems it’s a lot of these new vehicles headlights appear to be driving with their high beams on, only to find out they have them on dim. After market Jeep headlights are my nemesis currently as I find them the most annoying for the time being, LOL

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed the new F-150 truck lights blinding me when coming at me. Actually it seems it’s a lot of these new vehicles headlights appear to be driving with their high beams on, only to find out they have them on dim. After market Jeep headlights are my nemesis currently as I find them the most annoying for the time being, LOL
After market Jeep headlights drive me insane. Same with people who retrofit LED bulbs without changing reflectors on older vehicles, absolutely blinding while doing a terrible job with usable light.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something moves on the Gen 3 lights. Start it in the dark and see how the light spreads apart and goes up and down befor they stabilize. I bet you can adjust height electronically. I think if you carry a load in the back, it adjusts the lights.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something moves on the Gen 3 lights. Start it in the dark and see how the light spreads apart and goes up and down befor they stabilize. I bet you can adjust height electronically. I think if you carry a load in the back, it adjusts the lights.
The truck does not adjust automatically up and down, just side to side.
The up and down adjustment is manual.
I keep a phillips screwdriver in my console, as I adjust mine when I carry a load. Easy to do, and I have it down now where I know how many turns it takes.

blue22raptor

Reaction score
OP said he was on a road trip. Was there any luggage or extra weight in the bed? My toolbox was enough to get flashed by everyone. I adjusted the headlights down (about 2” on my garage wall from 30’ away. That worked! No more flashing headlights and I see great at night!

im33303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck does not adjust automatically up and down, just side to side.
The up and down adjustment is manual.
I keep a phillips screwdriver in my console, as I adjust mine when I carry a load. Easy to do, and I have it down now where I know how many turns it takes.
Agree on that

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took delivery of my '23 37pp last week. Noticed at night, no high beams, that I was illuminating street signs. Adjusted lights down just enough to correct. Also noticed when braking hard to stop with a vehicle in front of me or punching it when taking off, the headlights are adjusting up or down to stay level. I haven't found this mentioned anywhere but I swear they are auto leveling on the fly. Will know for sure when I pull my travel trailer but that may be a while.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just took delivery of my '23 37pp last week. Noticed at night, no high beams, that I was illuminating street signs. Adjusted lights down just enough to correct. Also noticed when braking hard to stop with a vehicle in front of me or punching it when taking off, the headlights are adjusting up or down to stay level. I haven't found this mentioned anywhere but I swear they are auto leveling on the fly. Will know for sure when I pull my travel trailer but that may be a while.
My 21 also adjusts up and down and side to side.