Headlights aimed too high?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReLLiK75

Reaction score
Has anyone with a Gen 3 had issues with their headlights being aimed too high from the factory? I'm essentially stock 35" with no level. I did a road trip over the weekend and had tons of people popping me with their highbeams. I use auto-high beams so I know mine were off, but just seems really odd that I'd get so many people thinking I was driving with my high beams on. I did kindly let them know that my high beams were not on by returning the favor. I'm assuming that if my regular lights are annoying then my high beams must be super annoying.

But also, interesting, I do notice that when my high beams are on, the difference in illumination is minimal. You can tell they're on, but they don't add any significant reach on the road.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Were both vehicles (yours and theirs) on even/uneven road? A bumpy road may give the appearance that your high beams are on. Can you rule this out?

Glare Free...do this mod. You will need Forscan; there's a thread outlining the applicable changes needing to be made.

OP
OP
R

ReLLiK75

Reaction score
Were both vehicles (yours and theirs) on even/uneven road? A bumpy road may give the appearance that your high beams are on. Can you rule this out?

Glare Free...do this mod. You will need Forscan; there's a thread outlining the applicable changes needing to be made.

Definitely even roads. They were 2 lane roads. No issues on 4 lane roads. I was also going to turn on glare free today in hopes that it will hlep. I just just don't want to have to make an appt with my Ford dealer to get these things adjusted because they'll keep my truck for a week to do a 15 min job!

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone with a Gen 3 had issues with their headlights being aimed too high from the factory? I'm essentially stock 35" with no level. I did a road trip over the weekend and had tons of people popping me with their highbeams. I use auto-high beams so I know mine were off, but just seems really odd that I'd get so many people thinking I was driving with my high beams on. I did kindly let them know that my high beams were not on by returning the favor. I'm assuming that if my regular lights are annoying then my high beams must be super annoying.

But also, interesting, I do notice that when my high beams are on, the difference in illumination is minimal. You can tell they're on, but they don't add any significant reach on the road.
People flash their lights at me all the time. Stock 37pp ride height. I do the same as you and flash them back but if they pop theirs on and hold them on I typically flash my LP6's as well lol

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to adjust them down slightly and do the glare-free forscan mod.
Do the mod first & perhaps you’ll find there’s no need to adjust them. There‘s a video in the “Gen 3 Forscan” thread demo’ing how glare free works. Or just google glare free.

OP
OP
R

ReLLiK75

Reaction score
Do the mod first & perhaps you’ll find there’s no need to adjust them. There‘s a video in the “Gen 3 Forscan” thread demo’ing how glare free works. Or just google glare free.
I did it earlier today. I'll have to wait until it gets dark to test and see if I did it correctly and it's actually working.