Headlight options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueFalcon

Reaction score
Hello all, looking to replace my OEM halogen housings with a projector housing. Looking at Raptor Retrofit vs the Morimoto ones off of CARiD. Anyone have experience either way. The Raptor Retrofit are by far the best looking, in my opinion but the price is harder to get wife approved haha emailed RR and they are extremely professional and quick to respond so far, further leaning me that way.

IDI-Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor Retrofits have been performing very well, great light output. Hardest part of install was deciding where to route the harness (Mine is a 2011, had to add the Morimoto relay box and adapter harness).

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The new Morimotos are very popular. We're one of their top dealers so if you need a set, let me know. We're shipping them out regularly and we're also a vendor around these parts:

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/morimoto-xb-led-headlights-for-2009-2014-ford-f-150/

Raptor Retrofit are great as well. Naturally we don't sell for them but I've been in various forums with him for years. He does good work. I know a few people with his lights and he'll get it setup exactly as you want if you do a retrofit. Usually folks do an HID kit in the retrofits since you'll get the most light output

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If those Morimotos had an amber bar all the way around, I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat haha

I think they do when the light option is not engaged. At least that is so on the Gen 2's I believe.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gen2 Morimotos have the amber outline around the entire housing.
Gen1 Morimotos only have them on the top part, for the turn signal. Otherwise it's white

image__96484.1574967906.png

image__99727.1574967910.png

Chinmasterflex

Reaction score
How do the morimotos compare to the gen1 hids with regards to light output and pattern/visibility? I see that review in the other thread but no user reviews

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
To the stock HID... they probably have more light. To an afermarket/upgraded HID kit... probably about the same. People seem to love the Morimotos though, here is what one customer just wrote on our site

Easy install, bright, daytime running halo is bananas bright and updates the look of the truck to 2020
84506_1776_1df6c8f1_2236_4f27_9194_abb16ffa08e1.jpg