Headlight - Auto Raise and Lower?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FREEZE451

Reaction score
I'm curious on people's input of these headlights.

From reading the form, there are two options that our trucks have that I can find:

1.) Auto High beams - turns on the high beams and turns them off, pretty self-explanatory now days I believe?

2.) Adaptive Anti Glare - basically blots out the car(s) in front of you from receiving any light from your headlights when you're approaching them, or right behind them.

For those who have done the research, and know the anti-glare lights are option my question arises from this scenario:

- While driving in the hours after dark with the headlight icon and an "a" next to it, I presumably have auto high beams enabled. When I approach a vehicle from behind in town, it appears as though my headlights (no high beam on at this time as I'm in town) they seem to shift down to the taillights, as to not blind the vehicle in front of me. I have noticed this as I approach pickup trucks as well as when I approach small cars, they seem to dip, sometimes quite far.

Is this feature that I'm experiencing, part of the Gen 3's head lights in general or some mixed combo with the anti-glare?

I mean it's fantastic, but I was under the impression the only headlights that change at all are the anti-glare, which I'm excited to eventually turn on (got my cable already).

I also absolutely love how they turn when I turn, that's new to me and that is sweet.

Thanks,

- Jon