Headlight adjustment needed when towing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lobsterman

Reaction score
I have searched but could not find info on this so I apologize if it’s already been asked. Will our headlights adjust automatically when towing a trailer? I assume with weight on the back of the truck, the front will raise and headlights could “blind” on coming traffic at night. Don‘t want to be that guy, so has this been a problem or nothing to worry about?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have searched but could not find info on this so I apologize if it’s already been asked. Will our headlights adjust automatically when towing a trailer? I assume with weight on the back of the truck, the front will raise and headlights could “blind” on coming traffic at night. Don‘t want to be that guy, so has this been a problem or nothing to worry about?
The headlights will not adjust. If your headlights are blinding oncoming traffic, that means your vehicle is squatting too much.

OP
OP
L

lobsterman

Reaction score
The headlights will not adjust. If your headlights are blinding oncoming traffic, that means your vehicle is squatting too much.
Ok, thanks. When my new sled trailer finally comes in (on back order) I will see how much the headlights move up after hooking up. It’s only 3000lbs fully loaded so tongue weight should be about 300lbs so probably not a problem.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. When my new sled trailer finally comes in (on back order) I will see how much the headlights move up after hooking up. It’s only 3000lbs fully loaded so tongue weight should be about 300lbs so probably not a problem.
It shouldn't be a problem. If it is, than there's something wrong.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
You can leave the headlights unadjusted if you really like the underside of airplanes. You get to see them up close that way.