Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Headin up to new Hampshire

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by BIGt0007, Jul 22, 2012.

1. BIGt0007

BIGt0007 FRF Addict

Any NH raptors on here? I'm headin up for vaca in a few weeks to lake winnipesaukee and I'll take the raptor if there are some good trails to run within an hour or so of the lake. I Wanna stay away from narrow technical trails, No potential body damage please. Any tips? Thanks

2. twlhunter65

twlhunter65 Well-Known Member

I live on the MA. NH. border and there are steel gates in front of all the spots! It sux how they lock up the trails.To many tree huggers around here. Good luck up there. :shitsweak:

3. TheJoker

TheJoker FRF Addict

N. E. Mass... I was in the Rochester/ Farmington area this am and saw 2 Raptors. Someone from the lakes region must be on this site.

4. BIGt0007

BIGt0007 FRF Addict

Maybe I'll just run my own Climb to the Clouds! Theres an idea! we could do the next NE raptor meet at MT Washington! whos with me?!!

TheJoker likes this.
  5. Aidan

Aidan Full Access Member

South west NH here...

I'm knew to the Raptor scene but from my Jeep/fourwheeling experience you need to know someone to find a place to go. Nothing is just public and open in New England.

6. All The Way

All The Way FRF Addict

Another 1 1/2 hrs west and you would be in my neck of the woods. The trails I go to are just east of Roch in Lyons.

7. BIGt0007

BIGt0007 FRF Addict

Well I'm here at the lake.. Brought the wife's suv... So I hear if you go to a power sports shop they can point me in the right direction, have to buy a permit or something, I will keep everybody in the loop.

8. Viper

Viper Full Access Member

Not a bad idea, especially if we lucked into a day where the summit was actually above the clouds... We could run across the kancamangus as well. Kindof an asphalt/streetqueen/chased by ol'smokey day....

9. Aidan

Aidan Full Access Member

Kanc's a fun road but you usually get stuck behind someone going about 30. We've run it a bunch in my buddy's STi and more often then not it's a little boring.

10. BIGt0007

BIGt0007 FRF Addict

Just an FYI for you guys I stumbled upon ExploringNH Forums
    And posted that I was at the lake looking for a good trail run. A lot of members on the forum gave me some tips about maps ect. Not a lot around the lake here. one guy even offered to come up and meet me and show me around a bit for some wheelin! Nice group check em out. And the raptor is comin next year! Meetin up with one guy at jeep jamboree coming up in CT in Sept.