Headers, Emissions, No Cats, AZ Title Transfer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I’m doing a title transfer from Colorado to AZ.

My truck has SW headers, catless custom exhaust with borla mufflers.

My Scottsdale emissions center just does the OBDII port test.

Do I need to have cats to even pass the visual inspection?

I’m new to AZ so this will be an interesting experience if I have to get cats and make it visually appealing for the state employees or what?

Thanks in advance.

Picture for attention…
DB77CA1F-660C-47C6-B008-9188D23373FE.jpeg

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you know if the rear O2s are turned off or are there rear O2 spacers install so you can leave the rear O2s on?
Do you have an OBDII scanner or the handheld Tuner device?

You'll need to check if your truck has the readiness status as OK/Complete or No/incomplete.

The one thing you don't want to do is go there and let them see that the readiness status is no good.
They will make a record of it and you'll have major problems, like buying cats and having them installed.
Big bucks!!!!!

You will need a new/revised Tune either way to turn the rear O2s back on.

As for visual, I'm sure others that live or know where to go to get inspections in AZ.

Last edited:

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Federal law states you have to have OEM level cats, doesn't matter the state. So if they bother to do a visual check you will fail. However, depending on the county the entire emissions inspection may just be an OBD2 readiness check, so as long as you don't have rear O2 disabled you will likely be fine.
Try, see if you fail, emissions tests are cheap. They will give you guidance on fixing it to the standard.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As long as all your readiness tests are complete and No CEL is on it should pass OBD2 , visually it will not. I live in Pinal county so we do not have emissions here . If you want to run no cats best to leave OEM cats on and knock guts out . That way you pass visually. You can have rear 02 turned back on in your tune and run anti foulers in picture.

1630664282589.png

Last edited: