Headers and plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will the long tube headers make for a worst or better job when time to install the 8 side spark plugs?
I had the dealer replace my plugs the first time, they never complained, or charged me extra, so I'm thinking it makes no difference, probably easier!

Ruckus08

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doe the SC have to be removed to get the top 8 and coils?
Nope, but the throttle body does. And there are two screws in the back of your TB intake to the SC that are damn near impossible to get off, let alone on put back on. Took me 6 hours of trial and error. Ultimately gave up, said F it, and pushed the truck off a cliff. Problem solved.

Steelhead

Reaction score
Had my plugs put in at dealership. Have a supercharged 6.2 and they had to order new gasket from Roush as well after they had to do what they had to do.Pretty hard on the wallet. plus, Nickel Irridium plugs and tune from JDM.

Ruckus08

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had my plugs put in at dealership. Have a supercharged 6.2 and they had to order new gasket from Roush as well after they had to do what they had to do.Pretty hard on the wallet. plus, Nickel Irridium plugs and tune from JDM.
I’ve said this before, but if I knew the amount of work it was going to take I likely would have paid someone to do mine. I know it hurts now, but trust me…the alternative of doing it yourself is painful as hell. Hope you enjoy the Upgrades as much as I did. They sure made my Gen1 come to life.

Steelhead

Reaction score
I’ve said this before, but if I knew the amount of work it was going to take I likely would have paid someone to do mine. I know it hurts now, but trust me…the alternative of doing it yourself is painful as hell. Hope you enjoy the Upgrades as much as I did. They sure made my Gen1 come to life.
Worth every penny,,,, but I feel like I need to really clean up the sound.. It is really loud and proud . Drone too. I'm thinking I will ad a j-pipe resonator to cancel drone and add small resonator to fine tune the sound. As it is, now,,,, no resonator with Borla S-type cat back system.

Ruckus08

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worth every penny,,,, but I feel like I need to really clean up the sound.. It is really loud and proud . Drone too. I'm thinking I will ad a j-pipe resonator to cancel drone and add small resonator to fine tune the sound. As it is, now,,,, no resonator with Borla S-type cat back system.
I went with a Corsa sport muffler and had a custom lightning side exit done. Drone was very minimal. Really liked that setup.