6.2 Header gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello.

Buying a 2011 that has headers on it. Has a exhaust leak at the head. Can hear the tick. Clearly on the drivers side.

How hard is it to get to the drivers side and change gasket?
I have no idea what brand headers they are, could not get that far in to see. (Have not taken possession yet) I have a well equipped garage. But DAMN just looking at it, it looks tight as hell!

Without knowing the header brand, what should I do about gasket?

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drivers side is fairly easy. Less headache and cussing. Its the passenger side that is difficult. Passenger side requires removal of the starter and engine mount. Once those are out of the way the engine has to be jacked up to get the header in and out. None of that is needed for the drivers side. Although it does help to pull the front driveshaft for more room to work.

OP
OP
A

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drivers side is fairly easy. Less headache and cussing. Its the passenger side that is difficult. Passenger side requires removal of the starter and engine mount. Once those are out of the way the engine has to be jacked up to get the header in and out. None of that is needed for the drivers side. Although it does help to pull the front driveshaft for more room to work.

Excellent. That’s what i wanted to hear.

OP
OP
A

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine are stainless works, at that time they sent high temp silicone. mine have been on since 2011 no leaks yet.

I finally kinda climbed in the wheel well last night. Can see the MLS gasket. Maybe I’m hearing something else? Those gaskets rarely blow

OP
OP
A

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found it.

Tube is cracked near the weld on the flange.
Now to find a good welder with SMALL HANDS!
06E837AC-03C4-42AA-92B5-A50C6888B5A6.jpeg