Head Value

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since Imma have to swap out engines, I might be left with a pretty conversation piece with a hole in the block. The heads weren't trashed so I might keep them, but leaning to selling them. Any clue what these heads are worth?

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I checked around online and pricing ranges from 300 to 400 for a used one. I have seen that the passenger side head is hard to come by new OEM so it might be worth more. I just did some casual searches and might not be exact but probably close!

OP
OP
MurderedOutSVT

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, thats about what I've been finding too. Seems the passnger side is hard to find for some reason.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This could be one of the reasons why there are no motors available . If you do end up getting a long block for yours, I would think you could get $1500 for the pair, otherwise try and get a used engine from a f250 and rebuild your heads and put them on. The sooner the better, because once parts become available (if they do), the price will drop fast.

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should never pay a premium for a ford 6.2 head, tons of 6.2 super duty trucks out there, no difference other than the cam, each cam costs less than $100 new from Tasca. See what you can get, and folks do try and sell "raptor" heads for a hefty premium, just not something i would do... I would say $250 each is the top of the mark... but again, its always what the market will bear, someday they'll be scarce, like FE parts are today, but right now, lots of super duty tucks out there...

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You should never pay a premium for a ford 6.2 head, tons of 6.2 super duty trucks out there, no difference other than the cam, each cam costs less than $100 new from Tasca. See what you can get, and folks do try and sell "raptor" heads for a hefty premium, just not something i would do... I would say $250 each is the top of the mark... but again, its always what the market will bear, someday they'll be scarce, like FE parts are today, but right now, lots of super duty tucks out there...
Are you sure it's only the cam? Not calling you out on it, just my memory is vague, I thought there were other components that were a bit different, I know the bare head is the same.

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I overpaid, $800 for a pair of verified good condition (for rebuild) super duty heads because I thought I needed them right now, jokes on me 6 months later still waiting on connecting rods from Manley...

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's only the cam? Not calling you out on it, just my memory is vague, I thought there were other components that were a bit different, I know the bare head is the same.
no worries... positive... same cam actuators, same rocker shafts, valves, springs, retainers, and keepers... can't speak for a super duty 6.2 w/LNG or LPG package, might be different there, but I have never seen one of those motors...