Head Units Show Em!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
jcl48,

I think I want a setup like yours. I need another video input for thermal and stuff and I like the ODBII capability. I don't want to lose anything that came with my stock setup.

Other than losing the physical radio controls (bummer) what else did you have to give up? Does it have an extra video input?

Also, how hard is it to make the video work while moving?

I has that same unit and I'm pretty sure you can purchase an extra dongle to hook it up for radio controls. I didn't because my jeep lacked steering wheel radio controls

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jcl48,

I think I want a setup like yours. I need another video input for thermal and stuff and I like the ODBII capability. I don't want to lose anything that came with my stock setup.

Other than losing the physical radio controls (bummer) what else did you have to give up? Does it have an extra video input?

Also, how hard is it to make the video work while moving?

The Radio controls that you lose are the one on top of the Climate control on the center dashboard. The ones on the steering wheel will work as factory with the installation of the Maestro RR Unit.
It has Rear and Front view Camera Inputs, Extra A/V input and output.

To make the video work whilr driving is a piece of cake. Just ground the Parking Cable (if I am not wrong, long time I did these and can't remember now) and turn off the safety function on the Navigation Setup and you are ready to roll in a Cinema Theater.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

BushmanLA

Reaction score
I'm finally done with all the wiring and now I realize that the mount kit the radio shop sold me isn't going to work. In fact, I'm not sure how I'm going to get the radio to sit high enough without chopping up some plastic inside the dash.

Not to mention that I haven't been too impressed with the response time of the Kenwood unit. Not very snappy at all.

Ugh

renegadeagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kenwood

What other Kenwood models other than the 890 DX would be compatible or where would be able to compare each unit,Would like to retain the majority of the OEM features

Have a 2010 Screw

Best regards

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not for our trucks, but i have seen them for other vehicles. i would suggest staying away from those units. you get what you pay for. there is a reason pioneer, alpine, and kenwood units are expensive. they work a lot better. from past experience with these types of setups, i dont think it would be a good investment. if a name brand comes out with one, i would say yes, but this is not something i would put in my truck

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. I did some more research and you do get what you pay for. My problem is I have a 2013 without the MyFord Touch Sony system. I did read that Alpine has something coming out in June for the 2013-14 models. Hopefully its not $2500.