HD Radio on 2013 MyTouch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CptMorgan

Reaction score
We have a few radio station locally just started broadcasting an HD feed.

I was in a friends 2016 F350 over the weekend. His myTouch display appears identical to my 2013, however there is an HD Radio logo and icon on the screen. The sound quality is way better when in tunes into an HD Channel.... You can easily hear the difference

The Ford brochures say the 2013 Raptors with the luxury package have HD radio. So, where is the HD logo and Icon? How do I turn it on?

OP
OP
CptMorgan

CptMorgan

Reaction score
Picture of Radio screen and system about screen attached...No HD button....

the truck has every option on the order list: Navigation, Sub, Satellite Radio.

Radio is tuned into 101.1 . A local station that works fine in HD on 2016 F350 and 2013 Tacoma in my neighbourhood.

Attachments

• IMG_4650.jpg
    IMG_4650.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4651.jpg
    IMG_4651.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 83

Redrap22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@CptMorgan

Ill start by saying that the site I'm putting a link to has been known to not always be 100% on accuracy, but it is supposed to list everything your vehicle is built with.

FordEtis home page

Your VIN is in the one of the pics you posted so i put it in and it comes up as Analogue Audio Broadcast.

I put my VIN in and it comes back as an HD Radio Broadcast

Looks like maybe it doesent have it?? I thought all the MFT systems were HD?

Its towards the bottom of the list if you want to run your VIN and check it out. See if the other stuff looks like what you have.

Last edited:

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go through the Options and settings menu. I have 13 with MFT and I can say for sure it does have it.

OP
OP
CptMorgan

CptMorgan

Reaction score
Thanks Redrap22. It looks like my truck simply doesn't has HD radio. The brochure says it does.... I'll call the dealer.... Warranty expired on Sunday.....

donk_316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. Did you get this sorted?
I'll bet $100 that it's because you (and I) have Canadian market Fords.

OP
OP
CptMorgan

CptMorgan

Reaction score
Hi donk_316,

No, I didn't get this sorted out. I talked to the Dealer and a few others. Looks like the truck was ordered by the dealer without HD radio. I'm sure it's a simple software change to enable it, but I can't find anyone that can do it. The Dealer has no idea, nor were they interested in find out for me.

I guess Ford Canada thought HD radio won't work in Canada.....