Having trouble with a weak Homelink signal for your garage opener?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My signal from my Homelink gradually had gotten weaker and weaker over the last 2 years. It was never as good as the stand alone remote. The signal had gotten to the point where I had to almost nose up to the door to get it to work. I was assuming the visor remote was going bad.

I had ordered a spare remote for the opener and while I was trying to program it, I held the learn button too long and I accidentally erased everything from the opener. :banghead: Once I reprogrammed everything, including the visor button, the visor opener works WAY better than it had. Something free, and easy to try if you are finding you have almost no range for the opener.

Here's a naked pic of my new gal for you pervs.

1653683961111.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No sister, she does have a cute brother though! Now that I recoded everything it works fairly well. It had gotten ridiculous, that I almost had to be bumping the door with the truck to get it to open from outside.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never had an issue. Don’t use it daily or anything.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I find the homelink works great on my normal garage, but not so well on my all metal garage, but it’s both vehicles, not just the Rap.

You can have that two timing *****, baaaaabara....