Having Trouble Deciding Between Gen 1 vs Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I respect your knowledge but come on man. Don't be such a Hater. Its a Great Solid REALIABLE TRUCK. As for as Power well one can make anything go faster or quicker and I and many others have no complaints about it. The power delivery is excellent and predictable. If I wanna win drag races, I'll do it in a muscle car, not a 3 Ton truck. Mine has been and still is the most reliable and fun vehicle I have ever owned. I like all the Raptors. But choose to keep my Gen 1 cause it's still a Beast and Reliable as hell. And for about 16 grand I can make it New again and add Many many more years of Happiness
Yep. On all points. Dude is a wealth of knowledge but just can’t stay away from the Gen 1 Board laying down the Junior High “insults”.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a girl waiting for her package delivery from FedEx. Same engine sound/drone. Then she sees you pull up in your 10 year old pickup. Awkward.
You do realize the Gen 1 is actually a genuine Ford product that started the genre, gave rise to the later Ford Raptors and was produced by your current employer (Ford ) and yet you (though weakly) berate it at every opportunity. Very odd behavior.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You do realize the Gen 1 is actually a genuine Ford product that started the genre, gave rise to the later Ford Raptors and was produced by your current employer (Ford ) and yet you (though weakly) berate it at every opportunity. Very odd behavior.
The only odd behavior here is you talking trash on the newer generations of the F-150/Raptor because you’re insecure in the fact that your old G1 has been replaced. By better models. Twice over now. And they no longer have a heavy, slow, cast iron fuel guzzling engine from a school bus.

“Genuine” Ford products includes all generations of Raptors as well as every other product they’ve produced. You have no point.

Regardless, your decade old G1 is irrelevant, just like your post. G2 and G3 are better performing in every regard and it’s a mockery to claim your old G1 is “better” at anything. But yet instead of accepting the facts, you choose to make more of a fool of yourself. Congrats, you once again show your true colors.

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
The only odd behavior here is you talking trash on the newer generations of the F-150/Raptor because you’re insecure in the fact that your old G1 has been replaced. By better models. Twice over now. And they no long have a heavy, slow, cast iron fuel guzzling engine from a school bus.

“Genuine” Ford products includes all generations of Raptors as well as every other product they’ve produced. You have no point.

Regardless, your decade old G1 is irrelevant, just like your post. G2 and G3 are better performing in every regard and it’s a mockery to claim your old G1 is “better” at anything. But yet instead of accepting the facts, you choose to make more of a fool of yourself. Congrats, you once again show your true colors.
It's funny, the Gen 2 owners manual actually uses the word "accelerate", the Gen 1 uses the term "gather speed." Prove me wrong. :)

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As if the 6.2 ford was ever a good engine… the chevy and mopar 6.2 and 6.4 hemi are wayyy better than the ford 6.2.

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t know that. Always thought that all 2010’s had a 5.4
My first raptor was a 2010 with 6.2 liter and had a few things the earlier raptor didn't like a sunroof for example. I believe they started adding the 6.2L option after October 2010.

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my old baby. 2010 scab 280k mikes and still going strong. My brother owns it now. Gave it to him in 2018 when I bought my crew cab.

Attachments

• 79F50357-1ACF-434D-B395-FBB37A817641.jpeg
    79F50357-1ACF-434D-B395-FBB37A817641.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 8A1C03F0-83CE-49ED-9062-270C6963DFCE.jpeg
    8A1C03F0-83CE-49ED-9062-270C6963DFCE.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 3
  • C3AF39B8-707F-41A8-B97A-BCA3531BB029.jpeg
    C3AF39B8-707F-41A8-B97A-BCA3531BB029.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 3

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As if the 6.2 ford was ever a good engine… the chevy and mopar 6.2 and 6.4 hemi are wayyy better than the ford 6.2.
Genuinely curious what you're implying with this comment? I've read nothing but good things about the 6.2L on the forums. Are there known issues that I'm not aware of?

Disclaimer: I have absolutely nothing against the Ecoboost and know that the Gen 2/3 are far more capable than my Gen 1.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Genuinely curious what you're implying with this comment? I've ready nothing but good things about the 6.2L on the forums. Are there known issues that I'm not aware of?

Disclaimer: I have absolutely nothing against the Ecoboost and know that the Gen 2/3 are far more capable than my Gen 1.
While I have nothing against the motor, i was having Fordtechone’s back because he’s right about the 6.2.
While its not necessarily a bad motor at all, its just kind of old fashioned design. And in my opinion is just kinda meh. Pitted against the chevy and ford 6L mills of the same vintage they produce power more readily in my opinion and also have better packaging. The ford 6.2 is not ubiquitous for a reason. The LS6.2 and also the Hemi 6.4 in both NA and Supercharged are literally everywhere. This is all my opinion. But if you want to ahit on an ecoboost ok no prob, but dont go and say the 6.2 is like some holy grail of v-8’s when its (as fto would say) kind of like a bus engine with old technology.

Last edited: