Having high beam switch control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flzrider

Reaction score
Here's my latest diagram. Correct it for me if it needs to be.

Here is the corrected diagram (excuse the poor iphone sketching).

Your graphics skills are good, but don’t quit your day job to be an electrical engineer. Haha. I think you were getting hung up on the description of lead “30” as high power feed. The key word is “common”. Meaning it is the common lead and it gets switched between “87” and “87a”.

Let me know if you it makes sense for you.

Attachments

• FE2307F7-51F0-4F20-95FD-E8F405EF67B4.jpeg
    FE2307F7-51F0-4F20-95FD-E8F405EF67B4.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 80

bwmiller74

Reaction score
Thank You So Much!!! It makes perfect sense to me now. You are right, I won't be quitting my day job :ROFLJest: You are correct that the terminal (30) was throwing me off, that and using the relays "backwards", where the feed goes to the lights, and the outputs are hooked up to the switches supply.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed and helped educate me on this. It's my first time working with relays, so I've learned a lot.

Here is the FINAL Diagram!!!

Attachments

• Relay SPST to SPDT.jpg
    Relay SPST to SPDT.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 82

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you found this. Any chance you could find the 2017 one too?

I got it from my dealer. I will see what I can do for the 2017s, but am out of town right now.

In the mean time, if you do a search, someone else found the high beam wire for the 2017s and I think it is the same.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

I saw this harness yesterday and was trying to figure out the female end too. I believe I found it!!!

Just ordered -
WPT1321

Let me know if that is the correct connector. I'm still entertaining the idea of high beam/low beam triggers for my lights.

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know if that is the correct connector. I'm still entertaining the idea of high beam/low beam triggers for my lights.

I just ordered this one earlier tonight. I’ll post up my findings once I get it and have a chance to install. Might be a couple weeks before I get a chance though.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered this one earlier tonight. I’ll post up my findings once I get it and have a chance to install. Might be a couple weeks before I get a chance though.

Well right but when you get it you could plug them together and let us know even if you don’t get them installed in the truck.

bwmiller74

Reaction score
6yxeeXj7L3EWCEEz2
Headlight harness made and works perfectly!!! No splicing! Had to trim a little ridge off one side. Took awhile to repin, but I can confirm these are the right parts. Installed and working!!! So excited not to hack into factory wiring.

Attachments

• IMG_20180121_001127.jpg
    IMG_20180121_001127.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20180121_001222.jpg
    IMG_20180121_001222.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

bwmiller74

Reaction score
That’s not true. Aux6 will power all the lights so it won’t hurt anything to add a parallel power supply from Aux1-3. Diodes won’t hurt but you won’t damage anything without them either.

I'm not going disagree that the diodes aren't needed, because I don't know. I would prefer to stay away from using diodes as a point of failure, because they're not as easily swapped out like a relay is. Though I would like someone else to weigh in here, because as noted - we're not experts :biggrin:

I did get the install all done like Flzrider had. And it all works as it should, but I 'm thinking of changing it up. With that setup turning on AUX6 turns off the other lights. What I really want is AUX6 to be able to be turned on and basically only work as a trigger to turn on the other lights. Which is what your Diagram would allow.

Only other way I can think to accomplish this using Flzriders suggestion is to add an additional SPST relay.

Something like this?

Attachments

• NEW Relay SPST to SPDT.jpg
    NEW Relay SPST to SPDT.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 52

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6yxeeXj7L3EWCEEz2
Headlight harness made and works perfectly!!! No splicing! Had to trim a little ridge off one side. Took awhile to repin, but I can confirm these are the right parts. Installed and working!!! So excited not to hack into factory wiring. ��

What did you have to repin? just to match up to the factory wiring or were the pins actually different and need swapped out.

Last edited: