Have gen2s become that cheap ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny@Hammerbuilt

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Now this is just comical. The Gen 1 is a downgrade in every aspect to a G2 or G3. That’s how it goes in the auto industry, newer generations are better engineered, more powerful, stronger, more efficient, more comfortable, and safer. You’re either high or delusional if you think a G1 is better than newer Raptor, or maybe you’re just stupid. You pick.

In one example of my circle a guy is selling his gen 2 to get into an already mid travel, same miles gen 1 and then have some money left over to buy another toy. I wouldnt personally call that an upgrade but as RLTW said, theres a few people that have gone from gen 2 to gen 1. Didnt that Keep it dirty person do the same thing?

I know 2 selling their gen 3s and keeping their gen 1s because their gen 3s have been nothing more than electronic nightmares when they land a jump too hard.

Me, I went from gen 1 to 2 to 3 in normal upgrading fashion and have no regrets.

Gary Gere

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you recall how many miles was on the AMB 37? I live in Bozeman. Come up to Kalispell/Whitefish normally once a month. I am sure this was at the Kalispell Ford.
Yes, this was at Kalispell Ford, I don’t drive by very often I live north of Whitefish near Olney. I think the 2022 was under 10k miles. Both of them were gone within one month of me taking those pictures. I drove by there last week and there were no raptors on the lot.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know 2 selling their gen 3s and keeping their gen 1s because their gen 3s have been nothing more than electronic nightmares when they land a jump too hard.
With all things being equal, wouldn’t any truck have a similar outcome if “landing a jump too hard”? I don’t think sending the truck was a part of testing when Ford built it. Could be wrong; I wasn’t there. Risk you take, I suppose.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are you coming up with this nonsense? Sure, some people are upgrading to G3, but nobody in their right mind would downgrade to a G1, and there’s no evidence that is happening.
I went from a G2 to a G1. G3 on waiting to be delivered and still not sure if I want to upgrade.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now this is just comical. The Gen 1 is a downgrade in every aspect to a G2 or G3. That’s how it goes in the auto industry, newer generations are better engineered, more powerful, stronger, more efficient, more comfortable, and safer. You’re either high or delusional if you think a G1 is better than newer Raptor, or maybe you’re just stupid. You pick.
My Gen 2 was junk. Broken every few months - blown motor 3 weeks in, broken sunroof, rear diff blown twice, radio issues and more all before 15k miles, no offroading. My first Gen 1 I beat the **** out of with zero issues. I sold the Gen 2 after 2 years, went back to a clean OEM Gen 1 and have had no regrets.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With all things being equal, wouldn’t any truck have a similar outcome if “landing a jump too hard”? I don’t think sending the truck was a part of testing when Ford built it. Could be wrong; I wasn’t there. Risk you take, I suppose.
I know a few gen 2 guys that found out with 37’s that not only did they need to trim the pinch weld, but they had to relocated some wiring, and maybe a fuse panel. Upon a full compression landing damaged a few wires.

Both trucks lost the ability to change drive modes, but we’re still fine to drive a few hours home.

Both trucks were fixed after a little investigation and are being driven just as hard as before.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Gen 2 was junk. Broken every few months - blown motor 3 weeks in, broken sunroof, rear diff blown twice, radio issues and more all before 15k miles, no offroading. My first Gen 1 I beat the **** out of with zero issues. I sold the Gen 2 after 2 years, went back to a clean OEM Gen 1 and have had no regrets.
You just got a bad apple, that’s all. The outcome would be different had you gotten an issue-free Gen 2.

Last edited: