Have gen2s become that cheap ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems well under market value. It does appear you can get a nice one in the mid to upper 40's though. Almost half the price of a 3rd gen. 1st gen pricing is holding pretty strong, and not far from the 2nd gen pricing for like mileage trucks.

Johnny@Hammerbuilt

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Where are you coming up with this nonsense? Sure, some people are upgrading to G3, but nobody in their right mind would downgrade to a G1, and there’s no evidence that is happening.
In my experience and others with recently selling my gen 2 and others ive seen on the market. Theyre going well below kbb value right now sadly. Ive also seen quite a few people in my area (central tx) “downgrade” from gen 2/3 into gen 1s due to various issues. I personally loved my gen 2 though.

For reference, i had a 2019 with 18k miles, 3.0 shocks, buncha other stuff. KBB was 69-74k. People were sending me offers of 50-60 all day every day. Took over a month to even get a single offer that was in KBB range. Im not the only one with a gen 2 thats had this problem either

Last edited:

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the posts/comments about how mad those that paid ADM are gonna be when prices drop make me laugh. I paid 5K over for the "Exact" truck I wanted, and the key, when I wanted. Color, options, year etc, and it will not be possible for me to care less about used car prices in 5 years or so when I think of doing something else. I'm gonna guess others that paid a premium to get them in good time vs 1+year wait will feel the same. Just my .02

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score

40k for 2017 fully loaded with 35k miles is outstanding value. I don’t anticipate gen3s getting more than 70k in this market for long
I don't call it cheap, I call it normal price.

If not for the messed up last 3 years, $40k is what I would expect to pay for a 5 year old used truck with 35k miles, especially if that truck was less then $60k new.

Used to be you drove off the lot and lost $10k value.

A LOT of people on these forums think the Raptor is some super exotic truck worth poops of gold in resale. In reality...it is just a truck. 1 of millions out there.

Don't get me wrong, I love my truck. But I don't expect to make money when I eventually sell it.

Last edited:

rlj676

Reaction score
Used gen 3 pricing right now has me cracking up. I don’t think I’ve seen one listed for less than a new 23, which base is basically now 802a. But yeah I’d pay $80k for 15k miles instead of the same for new with some effort.

Give it a month or 2 and I’ll expect gen 3 used prices to rationalize. I see one that the dealer had since last June at $95k dropped to $80 now. Can’t imagine anyone pays over 70…

FlyAA757

Reaction score
Well, anecdotally I just sold my Gen 2, a '19 with 25k miles, loaded except Carbon. No issues or accidents, and I sold it for 62k. Had quite a few callers and had 3 full price offers. I just took the dealer's trade offer(58) and added on top the tax benefit loss (6.6%). I felt that was fair to buyer and seller, and also a dealer didnt get to mark up another 3-5k.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since nobody "needs" a Raptor, doesn't it make sense that price dictates which version a used Raptor buyer is looking at? If you're looking at financing a used one, then your discretionary income determines if you even have "Gen 1 money" or not. It would be interesting to know if most buyers have previously driven a Raptor or if they just said "F' it, I want one", then went looking based on the price. Now that statistics show new truck buyers are routinely committing to $1000/mo payments maybe potential buyers started considering used Raptors instead. Would you rather tell your coworkers "that's my new Platinum over there, next to all the other generic trucks"...., or tell them "I got a Raptor... it's hard to miss"?

Last edited:

Lane2018

Southern Raptor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so someone posts one ad showing a Raptor for a good price… And suddenly all G2 raptors are worthless? For every one of those ads… I can share 30 with prices above 50K. Just like every other vehicle… Mileage, condition, title status, location and market determine the price. And let’s face it, vehicles are hardly ever a good “investment”! So, drive what we love, and ignore the BS. And I agree with goblue38, all vehicles are over priced right now!

Last edited: