Have a VIN and Scheduled July 19th!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called this morning and have a 10/4 build. I had a priority 10, order placed the first day we were able to. My dealership is a smaller one.

801a, 37, spray in bedliner, code orange

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took this a step further using the NYC trucks VIN's & order number then went to the https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/ plugged them to compare to my window sticker. My window sticker now shows 07/28/21 at the bottom but the ShopFord site has not updated. Anyway the black NYC truck is estimating a 09/10/21 delivery...ugh!
I now have a estimated delivery date of 08/18/21 and was curious how this delivery date compared to other builds so I did some more research. Mine was a retail order as well.

1) Went to Autotrader.com and searched for 2021 Raptors
2) Looked up the dealers zip code
3) Went to Ford.com & searched for Raptors in 100ml radius from that dealer zip code (most listed as dealer orders)
4) Opened the window sticker and copied the VIN & order code
5) Went to https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/ to check the progress

A) I looked up about 10 trucks around the Midwest and found that the trucks were built last week and all had est. delivery dates in mid to late August....so 2-3 weeks after the build date!!
B) Also saw 2 or 3 37" packs
C) Many had the spray in bed liner
D) Many had one of 3 tonneau covers

The big take away was that many of the theories of product shortages don't seem to be affecting early production. I feel lucky that my retail order was pulled early but who knows how many other retail orders are out there that are not part of this forum. Additionally, I don't believe you can see customer orders on Ford's search site. So who really knows how Ford pulls these orders....is it an algorithm, lottery, dealer size, dealer location, downline commodity shortage, etc.

Attachments

• Update 07-30-21.JPG
    Update 07-30-21.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Ford Site Dealer Ordered.JPG
    Ford Site Dealer Ordered.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now have a scheduled delivery date of 08/18/21 and was curious how this delivery date compared to other builds so I did some more research. Mine was a retail order as well.

1) Went to Autotrader.com and searched for 2021 Raptors
2) Looked up the dealers zip code
3) Went to Ford.com & searched for Raptors in 100ml radius from that dealer zip code (most listed as dealer orders)
4) Opened the window sticker and copied the VIN & order code
5) Went to https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/ to check the progress

A) I looked up about 10 trucks around the Midwest and found that the trucks were built last week and all had est. delivery dates in mid to late August....so 2-3 weeks after the build date!!
B) Also saw 2 or 3 37" packs
C) Many had the spray in bed liner
D) Many had one of 3 tonneau covers

The big take away was that many of the theories of product shortages don't seem to be affecting early production. I feel lucky that my retail order was pulled early but who knows how many other retail orders are out there that are not part of this forum. Additionally, I don't believe you can see customer orders on Ford's search site. So who really knows how Ford pulls these orders....is it an algorithm, lottery, dealer size, dealer location, downline commodity shortage, etc.
Congrats and how are you getting the order number off the window sticker?

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats and how are you getting the order number off the window sticker?
Sure....see attached order number is C150, but it is at the bottom & 4 digits or letters & digits. (xxxx) or (letter ***)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210731-110510_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-110510_Drive.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 63

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up in Northern Indiana this morning making a hardware store run & stop by the local Ford dealer & they have 3 new F-150's on the lot. One still had the shipping materials on it and the "blend/build" date was 220210721!!

The shop.ford site still shows it arriving mid August.

POW that's like 10 frigging days....we could start our trucks really soon!