Has this happened to anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
787Jet

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sticker seems like a stock order not a special order. I’m guessing your order should say Special Order on the sticker if it was ordered correctly and should also have a price protection from recent price hike by
This sticker seems like a stock order not a special order. I’m guessing your order should say Special Order on the sticker if it was ordered correctly and should also have a price protection from recent price hike by Ford.
Exactly it is a stock order. Mine was special order. Town of 15k population. How many allocations can they have? Several large dealerships 15 miles away in Des Moines. Told me my special order in December was first on allocation and now a stock order shows up on Ford website. Possible they just canceled my order and put in stock to make more of a profit! Still scheduled unclean. Man I hate that term…

OP
OP
787Jet

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to be the one to break this to you, but dealers don't like cash buyers. They make money by providing financing. When I'm haggling price, I never mention that I'm paying cash.
Realize that, they only found out when they showed me a used 2021 37 for 109k. Told them I don’t like to write that big of check for a used truck. Then offered MSRP on special order. Still can get future trade. Offered to finance, of course! No thanks!

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealers suck. It wouldn't surprise me. total confusion and some deception for sure. I had an order at 3 dealers for 22's December orders. One submitted order in my name. I got the confirmation from ford. the other two said they had no allocations. so was on a list. found a 21 somebody couldn't take. so I canceled the orders. So I thought. I still got an email from ford updating me that its still on hold from the one dealer. (obviously never cancelled my order). the other two dealers said no problem we will take you off the list since it wasn't ordered.

funny story one of the dealers that "never put my order in" called me before I found the 21'. said they had a black one in. I went to look. nope antimatter blue. salesman was a moron. same dealer just Called me last week and told me my order came in and asked me if I was still interested. I asked him how could my order be in since I was only on a list and I canceled it and I had no email confirmation from ford never received a build date and never got a vin. he couldn't respond. I told him no I found one and wasn't interested. Funny I went on their site to see it obviously wasn't mine. tailgate appliqué delete and had the blue interior. totally wrong packages.

bottom line You need to take everything they say with a grain of salt. Trust no one.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on VIN, like most December orders.
My dealer said today that he has a meeting with the scheduling Ford rep next Wednesday trying to get mine scheduled so lets see what happens. He also said he would follow up.

Last edited:

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked Ford website for stock within 100 miles. I see my dealership has a stock order with window sticker below. From size of the dealership, my guess is they have two allocations. Told me when I ordered I was number one and they had the allocation. So I placed my retail order 12-30-21, for my first Ford. They know I am a frequent cash buyer and looked forward to my future business. The order was placed at MSRP. They have this one available at the low price of 119k! What are the chances they took my allocation to make more of a profit? Need some advice before I contact them. Thanks!
Those pics look like it's still in production. That window sticker was updated only 5 days ago. I ordered mine on 10/1. The dealer did a stock order on 10/15. Theirs went into production two weeks before mine, and shows up on their web site just like the one you are linking, BUT it is in chip hold still, and I've been driving mine for 2 weeks...

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck MINE showed up on their website as 'IN STOCK' for a month before it was actually here. They said people were driving them crazy calling about it lol.

Country22

Reaction score
I hate to be the one to break this to you, but dealers don't like cash buyers. They make money by providing financing. When I'm haggling price, I never mention that I'm paying cash.
I love this and exactly when dealing I go along with all financing never even look at the interest rate or apr. Once I get price I want my girl says can we get your wiring instructions I will send wire right now at which point they try to back peddle but works every time.