Has this happened to anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked Ford website for stock within 100 miles. I see my dealership has a stock order with window sticker below. From size of the dealership, my guess is they have two allocations. Told me when I ordered I was number one and they had the allocation. So I placed my retail order 12-30-21, for my first Ford. They know I am a frequent cash buyer and looked forward to my future business. The order was placed at MSRP. They have this one available at the low price of 119k! What are the chances they took my allocation to make more of a profit? Need some advice before I contact them. Thanks!

Attachments

• F9DF4F87-91F7-4DE7-9F8E-6C544A2514EF.png
    F9DF4F87-91F7-4DE7-9F8E-6C544A2514EF.png
    440 KB · Views: 156
  • B62E1F3E-9388-47B4-B441-6628E597A007.png
    B62E1F3E-9388-47B4-B441-6628E597A007.png
    1,007.9 KB · Views: 165
  • BFF2B06C-B2E6-418F-9564-FDC332A7C4B9.png
    BFF2B06C-B2E6-418F-9564-FDC332A7C4B9.png
    723.6 KB · Views: 154
OP
OP
787Jet

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't you just call them as no one here knows jack about your order.

Anything is possible. See no one knows jack :)
Well thanks for the input. I plan on it, but just worked all night. Prefer to go in person, but still commuting home. They made no mention of any other orders.

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sticker seems like a stock order not a special order. I’m guessing your order should say Special Order on the sticker if it was ordered correctly and should also have a price protection from recent price hike by Ford.

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sticker seems like a stock order not a special order. I’m guessing your order should say Special Order on the sticker if it was ordered correctly and should also have a price protection from recent price hike by Ford.

Yeah... about that price protection... let's just say it's worthless.

Picked up my Raptor on Thurs, placed my order in early October.... dealer was adamant about $5k adm and current 2022 MSRP.

5.5 hours later, I left with the Raptor paying the 2022 price, but no ADM.

The dealer wanted me to walk away!!!
They wanted to take my ordered vehicle and sell it for $20k ADM.

On my purchase agreement, first line item... vehicle value $100k.
Second item, discounted vehicle price $84,***...

Took 5.5 hours and a lengthy discussion with the general manager. Didn't pay their BS $5K ADM nor their BS $84K discounted price.

They kept arguing with that I could sell the Raptor the next day for $100k...

Ugh.... worst buying experience ever!!!!

The ordering a vehicle agreement was to avoid paying ADM... But they hated having to sell a Raptor without ADM...

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah... about that price protection... let's just say it's worthless.

Picked up my Raptor on Thurs, placed my order in early October.... dealer was adamant about $5k adm and current 2022 MSRP.

5.5 hours later, I left with the Raptor paying the 2022 price, but no ADM.

The dealer wanted me to walk away!!!
They wanted to take my ordered vehicle and sell it for $20k ADM.

On my purchase agreement, first line item... vehicle value $100k.
Second item, discounted vehicle price $84,***...

Took 5.5 hours and a lengthy discussion with the general manager. Didn't pay their BS $5K ADM nor their BS $84K discounted price.

They kept arguing with that I could sell the Raptor the next day for $100k...

Ugh.... worst buying experience ever!!!!

The ordering a vehicle agreement was to avoid paying ADM... But they hated having to sell a Raptor without ADM...
That’s too bad you had to go through this crap.
My salesguy was fine but manager tried giving me only part of the price protection amount, I stood my ground and showed all the information I had and how much the selling price should be.
At the end they honoured the price protected price.
‘I’m surprised how Ford doesn’t do anything to help the end users against these shady dealers.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
‘I’m surprised how Ford doesn’t do anything to help the end users against these shady dealers.
Di you complain to Ford? The folks who don't know they are price protected and pay over sure won't, so how will Ford even know?