Has anyone tried a behind the seat Subwoofer from Mobile Toys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3NNIS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will be doing mobile toys behind seat with 2 JL 12 shallow mount at the end of this month. details below on full build

not trying to show how much i spending but sure people will ask cost of build i like did so just sharing thats all

install will be done at signature audio in scottsdale az

big thank you to fellow member @jwreuda for recommendation super excited to have a kick ass system and dump the factory b&o then hopefully truck build with be complete

View attachment 121416

Cant wait to see this build. That is a nice list.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I got my sub box and sub, no amp, no control, no receipt, but I got the box.

Has anyone gotten these to fit without removing the rear sound insulation / soft trim on the back wall?

Also, what have you guys done with regard to the center sub enclosure stud on the floor?
I ask because if you don’t pull the rear insulation, the box doesn’t fit. Neither seat will go in place like this. I can make the center portion fit by either holing the sub enclosure to fit over the stock sub stud or cutting the stud, but, there doesn’t seem to be any fitting the passenger side without pulling the rear sound deadener, particularly over where the jack is stored.

I’m guessing about 2.5 inches of relief needed over where the jack goes.
have called MTI, awaiting comment.
The shop that did my install was not happy with MTI’s lack of installation instructions. I know for a fact you have to cut the carpet liner. I put sound skins in it’s place. My shop cut the bolt in half.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
well that’s disheartening. It’s not saying much when the customer service from Amazon has you beat, but so far MTI is up there. My beef is that this doesn’t actually fit. I’ve tried crushing the rear liner down as far is it will go and the jack area has ~ 12.5” of clearance. the MTI box is 14” high.

Them #’s don’t make for a balanced equation. I think I can get the mid section to fit by either drilling the enclosure for the bolt or hacking the bolt - drilling and putting a rubber grommet will get me more clearance and from testing it, I’m going to need every millimeter because when I tried putting up the seat back, the frame started to dig into the enclosure.

disappointing.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant wait to see this build. That is a nice list.

thank you going to drive out to Scottsdale end of this month

told owner of shop i want to there doing tons of build pics so can share them with you guys

hopefully by may 1st truck will be 100% done for all i had planned only took 4 months lol

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
quick update, pics and write up to follow.
straight from MTI - no fitting this box without cutting the rear liner, also, there’s a module that needs moving behind the cover - this will make more sense with pics. With this done, box fits and seat back goes up. No speaker grille for you! that flat out won’t fit.

got it installed with my old 300w amp and sounds way better. can’t wait for the new amp.

It was a bit of a PITA, and definitely not just a simple plug and play, but if you can swap the stock sub for the kicker 8”, you can do this.