Has anyone tried a behind the seat Subwoofer from Mobile Toys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will be doing mobile toys behind seat with 2 JL 12 shallow mount at the end of this month. details below on full build

not trying to show how much i spending but sure people will ask cost of build i like did so just sharing thats all

install will be done at signature audio in scottsdale az

big thank you to fellow member @jwreuda for recommendation super excited to have a kick ass system and dump the factory b&o then hopefully truck build with be complete

audio raptor.PNG

NASTY RAPTOR

Reaction score
My question is why are you doing an $800 set of speakers for rear fill? Mine are just a cheap $150 set of Focals. No reason to waste money there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

nah_tan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thx for the pics. I have the same box coming in the next couple weeks. Would you be able to snap a couple pics of the mounting points? How much room is there on the passenger side of the box? I have a an audiocontrol amp, pioneer amp and Nav Tv zen to mount and wondering if I have space on the back wall or need to place it where you did.

Last edited:

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question is why are you doing an $800 set of speakers for rear fill? Mine are just a cheap $150 set of Focals. No reason to waste money there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yup.

Also, the NavTV Zen a2b is currently on sale for $549.99 directly from NavTV. Get MTI to adjust that price for sure.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for the pics. I have the same box coming in the next couple weeks. Would you be able to snap a couple pics of the mounting points? How much room is there on the passenger side of the box? I have a an audiocontrol amp, pioneer amp and Nav Tv zen to mount and wondering if I have space on the back wall or need to place it where you did.
There definitely is not room behind the seat for all of it.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup.

Also, the NavTV Zen a2b is currently on sale for $549.99 directly from NavTV. Get MTI to adjust that price for sure.

good catch not that its on sale but the new version is now $549 it replaced the old model which was $849 just sent them email to get new one and adj my price

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
it just my personal preference

It’s your money. You can spend it how you want. In my eyes it’s a waste because mine will be so low I won’t be able to hear them. I don’t want to hear them. There just there for my kids and back up tones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s your money. You can spend it how you want. In my eyes it’s a waste because mine will be so low I won’t be able to hear them. I don’t want to hear them. There just there for my kids and back up tones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

no worries my set up rears will be more then just fill each speaker will have its own channel with these amps set up and be able to have much more sound effect depending on the setting i have it on

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Ok, so I got my sub box and sub, no amp, no control, no receipt, but I got the box.

Has anyone gotten these to fit without removing the rear sound insulation / soft trim on the back wall?

Also, what have you guys done with regard to the center sub enclosure stud on the floor?
I ask because if you don’t pull the rear insulation, the box doesn’t fit. Neither seat will go in place like this. I can make the center portion fit by either holing the sub enclosure to fit over the stock sub stud or cutting the stud, but, there doesn’t seem to be any fitting the passenger side without pulling the rear sound deadener, particularly over where the jack is stored.

I’m guessing about 2.5 inches of relief needed over where the jack goes.
have called MTI, awaiting comment.