Has anyone tapped into power for mirror on a Gen2 w/Lane Keeping Assist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see that Dongar has an adapter that is "Coming Soon" and I assume this is the one I would need for my 2017 w/Lane Keeping Assist (there is no exposed 16-pin plug on the back of my mirror). I'm not sure where this plug even is. Is it under that cover on the windshield behind the mirror? I'm afraid to pull on it too hard to take a look, afraid I may break a tab without knowing exactly how to remove it. Has anybody successfully tapped into this to power a dash cam?

Dongar Vehicle Guide

1674934954626.png

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why the **** would you do this nonsense when it is super simple to tap into the fuse panel on the passenger side kick panel?

OP
OP
Shark

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why the **** would you do this nonsense when it is super simple to tap into the fuse panel on the passenger side kick panel?
Because removing a single panel and running an 8" wire may actually be easier than removing multiple panels and routing several feet of wire. Just looking for what my options are. In my wife's vehicle I was able to tap in just behind the rear view mirror with a Dongar adapter and it was super simple and took all of 5 minutes.