GEN 2 Has Anyone Removed the Hood Stripes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My recent purchase of a Raptor has everything I wanted and a few things I didn't. I was hoping to get one without the stripes and fender logo but it had everything else so I went with it. I find the hood stripes to be a bit over the top for me. Has anyone removed them and how did that process turn out? Thanks in advance for any information, good or bad.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
My recent purchase of a Raptor has everything I wanted and a few things I didn't. I was hoping to get one without the stripes and fender logo but it had everything else so I went with it. I find the hood stripes to be a bit over the top for me. Has anyone removed them and how did that process turn out? Thanks in advance for any information, good or bad.

Those hood stripes do a pretty good job of eliminating glare off the hood. They may grow on you. I can see how the bed graphics aren’t everyone’s cup of tea though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kevin LaChapelle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I removed the hood stripes and the raptor logo on the side of the bed. It is fairly straightforward. Just heat it up with a heat gun or hair dryer while being careful to not put too much heat in any one spot. You can then peel up a corner and then with the heat peel as fast or slow as it comes off. I found goo gone works great for any of the adhesive that may get left behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizzly

Reaction score
My tint guy took mine off for 50 bucks when he tinted my windows. Can't tell they were ever there.

FFCJ

Reaction score
Yep, had the dealer remove my hood decals. Hated them, too gaudy. I kept the bedsides due to Mama wanting them to stay but they may start to 'deteriorate' one of these days and have to be removed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir